• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can my richard racing 2.8 pulley be used with billitflow idlers?

LBSVT93

Regular
Aug 7, 2006
The cobra I just bought has a richard racing 2.8 pulley on it, along with a preditor hand held tuner, I was wondering if I can use billitflow idlers with the pulley, or should I get another type of idlers? Eveyone says billitflow is the best, should I dump the richard racing pulley and go all billitflow?....just kicking it around, but I def want to get the car tuned and throw some idlers on it so any advice will help thanks, my future mods are:

AFCO heat exchanger
Idlers
Tune
cold air intake jlt
shifter
flowmaster catback
Mac pro-chamber
IRS brace
Subframes
DR's
then save for KB

Also since this car is a 04 I assume I need 02 extenders for the h-pipe, and mill eliminators correct?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The RR pulley is aluminum.
The BilletFlow has a steel hub with aluminum interchangeable pulleys.
Aluminum pulleys can slip on the steel shaft of the blower if it gets hot enough.
I would recommend the BilletFlow as a replacement for the RR pulley because the aluminum pulleys are mechanically locked to the hub and therefore can't slip.
I would also recommend the BilletFlow idlers because the quality and customer service is unequalled.
RR is about to go out of business, so I wouldn't count on much support if there is ever a problem.

Dana

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Since 1964 said:
My suggestion is Ricard Racing for your idler needs, they're better, and you have to buy the best you can.

Now that I see RR is going out of business I'll tell that my BF idlers squeeled for a while, but I was told that it would go away, be patient, and sure enough it did go away, HOWEVER, it does rear it's ugly little head every so often, hense the suggestion to go RR for idlers.

I have the BF interchangeable hub with their 2.76 and the idler right next to it and it never slips, well at least I don't think it ever has.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I use BilleFlow Idlers with my RR upper pulley. I havent had a single issue with either....since you already have the RR Id stick with it, if you ever need to change it for something else go BF.

Even Doug from BilletFlow likes RR stuff...just to bad they are going under

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
LBSVT93 said:
The cobra I just bought has a richard racing 2.8 pulley on it, along with a preditor hand held tuner, I was wondering if I can use billitflow idlers with the pulley, or should I get another type of idlers? Eveyone says billitflow is the best, should I dump the richard racing pulley and go all billitflow?....just kicking it around, but I def want to get the car tuned and throw some idlers on it so any advice will help thanks, my future mods are:

AFCO heat exchanger
Idlers
Tune
cold air intake jlt
shifter
flowmaster catback
Mac pro-chamber
IRS brace
Subframes
DR's
then save for KB

Also since this car is a 04 I assume I need 02 extenders for the h-pipe, and mill eliminators correct?
You cant go wrong with BilletFlow. I have been to their facility, they r great to deal with good customer relations, Quality Products!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info