• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Are Caster Camber Plates Needed

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Unless you have a 2" drop its not really necessary... I've had a 2" drop on three mustangs and no CC plates and no issues yet with tire wear. Sometimes you just get lucky. Same thing with my GF's car I put 2" eibach sportlines and no issues. So 1.5" you'll be fine. :biggthump

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
I have not had them installed yet.... I was unaware that they killed the handling of the car. I thought if anything it would improve handling by lowering the center of gravity

ShelbyGuy said:
did you have the car aligned? often times the alignment tech will complain he cant get enough negative camber out of the front.

every car is different. you may need them, you may not.

h&r sport and super sport springs kill the handling of the car.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
they throw the geometry off. the x2 ball joint from steeda can help put things right. the tie rods and the lower arms need to be in line with eachother. ideally, the lower arms should be parallel to the ground and in line with eachother.

when people slam the car on the ground, often times the control arms end up pointing at the sky. this puts the front roll center height below the surface of the pavement. (not a good thing)

but people like the slammed look so they keep selling the springs...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info