• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

new 4v set up

stonemonk

Apr 23, 2007
Well im taking my 2valve and swapping over to a 4v. I will probably be using,96-98 cobra cams, heads, and intake. I have 94 mk 8 valve covers and imrc's that appear to work off of vacuum, should I use these or make deletes out of them? Also im not sure what i can do with the fuel rails, will my 96 2v rails work? I plan to use my 2v coil pack set up which i dont thinks should be a problem. All this is going on top of a stroker 4.6 with a set of long tube, what kind of power should i expect and is there any other things i should be aware of?

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
stonemonk said:
Well im taking my 2valve and swapping over to a 4v. I will probably be using,96-98 cobra cams, heads, and intake. I have 94 mk 8 valve covers and imrc's that appear to work off of vacuum, should I use these or make deletes out of them? Also im not sure what i can do with the fuel rails, will my 96 2v rails work? I plan to use my 2v coil pack set up which i dont thinks should be a problem. All this is going on top of a stroker 4.6 with a set of long tube, what kind of power should i expect and is there any other things i should be aware of?

I think I would just use IMRC deletes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 2V rails might work. If you have a picture of them I might be able to tell you.

I've seen N/A stroker 4V's make close to 400 RWHP.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Not sure if you already have the 96-98 stock parts yet, but here is a suggestion, depending on $$$$:

03/04 Cobra heads (also used in the 03/04Mach 1 and Maurader), which you can have ported/polished and value work performed, or leave as is.

01 Cobra intake cam and 03/04 Mach 1/Cobra Exhaust cam w/ Comp or FR 500 springs. If you have the money, the FR500 cam, springs, retainer kit is nice (yet $1500).

03/04 Mach1 intake (13 inch runners), unless you can get your hands on an Avaitor intake (8 inch runner) and have either ported/polished. No matter, both are more efficient in stock form than the 96-98 intake.

The remaining bolt ons as "A" typical.

Good luck

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info