• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tune needed?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I would say no, but just watch for issues... I had mine one day wake up all weird and the car would run rough at idle and when coming to a stop it would die. It was really weird cause I had not had any issues at all for a year. Once I put the newer tune it went away... again weird scenario. Could be a one time thing.

Unistang

Mar 24, 2007
I just wanted to double check b/c it seems like the thing to do on these cars is throw em on the dyno. I used to tune my 5.0 on the street behind my house with a programmer... spent a little more money on this car so I guess its a smart bet to take it in. I've been told Kurgan is the place to go... anybody have good luck anywhere else?

Oct 5, 2006
Unistang said:
Just threw a Magnaflow catback on. I'm thinking about getting the JLT CAI as well and maybe an x-pipe... when do I have to worry about getting this thing tuned? Am I ok as it stands, with the catback? I was going to wait until I got the pulley and idlers. Any thoughts?

Nick :headbang:

We're having a free dyno day this weekend. If you want you can come out and we can show you how much power you're making and if your tune is safe or not. If you can't make it this weekend give me a call and I might be able to set you up for a free dyno run during the week.

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=19220

Let me know!

David @ DIDRace.Com - (815) 726-3838

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info