• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tire Questions

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
Hi

2 Quick questions

1) Will a 305/35/18 DR tire (on a 10”rim) require any modifications to fit under a 03 cobra with IRS i.e. spacers or shaving down the irs bolts?

2) What tires provide the best traction / handling in your experience. It seems that everyone has there own preferences, weather it be Pirelli P-Zeros or Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, I am just looking to see if there is a general consensus

Thanks

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I will tonight. I have seen people put on 305 Nittos on a 18x10, but you need to get the right sidewall height. I have 295's GYs but can't remember the height, so I will check tonight when I get home. I have not had to shave anything or add spacers. No traction what so ever though.

My personal opinion is DR's are the way to go if you don't mind reduced tire life. I actually have a pair of 17's not DD with DR's that are on 95% of the time... I just can't stretch my wallet to purchase the 18" DR, a little $$$ for me, but eventually I will.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I have hear positive feedback on Firestone/Bridgestone Wide Ovals, BF Goodrich G Force and actually the economical Falken 512s are a good tire.

Check out www.tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com (no shipping fee) for tire prices and ratings. Discount Tires (the store) will match the prices, just make sure the store does not attempt to charge you a shipping fee.

Dave

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I've had GS-D3's for about two years and they have been great so far. They are probably one of the most well balanced performance street tires you can buy.

They are excellent in the rain and have very good handling characteristics. So far, the tread life on mine has been great. I have about 10K miles on them including three open track events. They still have a lot of tread left and have worn very evenly which is surprising since I have so much track time on them.

Once they finally wear out, I think I'm gonna try the Falken RT-615's. They're basically a track tire, but aren't too bad in the rain. However, they have a low tread life rating, just like all track tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info