• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Suspension (Springs, Shocks, Struts)

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Well, I put the H/E in on Saturday & just ordered a midpipe tonight. I should get that Friday and will get that in next weekend.

Next to do is replace the front struts. Been thinking... Maybe get a kit (springs, struts, shocks). I have done some reseach on the net, this board, other boards, however, I figure I'd ask.

If one were to invest a couple bucks on those items which direction should I go? I almost pulled the trigger on Bilstein Struts/Shocks ~ Cobra / Cobra R race handling & some lowering springs... However, I stepped back and thought that might be a little much. I'm not going to be putting down gobs of power, I'm not road racing either. I just want a set-up that is better than stock wo/ spending huge amounts of cash.

My other option is to have Speed Inc. recommend/install them when I bring it in next month for a few extra HP.

Many Thx.,
Tom

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
T_Factor said:
Well, I put the H/E in on Saturday & just ordered a midpipe tonight. I should get that Friday and will get that in next weekend.

Next to do is replace the front struts. Been thinking... Maybe get a kit (springs, struts, shocks). I have done some reseach on the net, this board, other boards, however, I figure I'd ask.

If one were to invest a couple bucks on those items which direction should I go? I almost pulled the trigger on Bilstein Struts/Shocks ~ Cobra / Cobra R race handling & some lowering springs... However, I stepped back and thought that might be a little much. I'm not going to be putting down gobs of power, I'm not road racing either. I just want a set-up that is better than stock wo/ spending huge amounts of cash.

My other option is to have Speed Inc. recommend/install them when I bring it in next month for a few extra HP.

Many Thx.,
Tom

If it was me, I would just do drop springs (h&r race or ss) and some nice cc plates. I wouldn't waste my cash on shocks seeing how the stock billstein work really well. But thats just me !

Kevin

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
Coupes can get away with the stock struts/shocks and after market springs.

Vert's however should be changed to after market struts/shocks, with any aftermarket spring. They come from the factory with softer struts/shocks.

I'm getting rid of my H&R SS and putting on the H&R race with MM's re-valved(sp) Bilsteins.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
so u can get the car aligned and not have ur tires have any excessive wear since its probably just a street car. the zero caster setting from the factory doesnt benefit anyone either :)

I'd say for what you want pick up some coupe struts and shocks and do some MM coilovers all around

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Blood on Blood said:
I may have missed it, but are setting up the car for handling or straight line acceleration/drag racing?

Dave

Hey Dave,

No, just wanted something better than stock for handling purposes. I don't have any immediate plans to put this car over 500 RWHP.

It is going into Speed Inc. on the 9th of May.

BilletFlow 2.76
100m Idler Kit
Plugs, Diablosport MAFia, SCT Chip, & Dyno Tune

Current things on it.... SLP LMII, MAF, & AFCO H/E -- Bassani catted X going on this weekend.

The only other thing I *might* do this year is get it ported. I'll probably wait till next year though.

-Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info