• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spring Cleaning Question

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
It wont be long and it will be sunny and 78 outside. I cant wait !! I need to do some cleaning of my engine and engine bay. Does anyone have any good methods,good products bad products . Do's and Dont's ??? I want to get my motor cleaned up to show winning quality. It has normal road dust now not too bad but not show winning. Any and all advice appreciated. Also are their any detail shops that can be trusted to do this?? Or site members who do this on the side for cash ?? Just wondering.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
It wont be long and it will be sunny and 78 outside. I cant wait !! I need to do some cleaning of my engine and engine bay. Does anyone have any good methods,good products bad products . Do's and Dont's ??? I want to get my motor cleaned up to show winning quality. It has normal road dust now not too bad but not show winning. Any and all advice appreciated. Also are their any detail shops that can be trusted to do this?? Or site members who do this on the side for cash ?? Just wondering.

Water mist, engine degreaser, carefully spray down areas. Use soft clothes, mist when finished. Use a wire brush to shine the upper intake manifold, any type of plastic revitalizer will shine up plastic engine components, I recommend "BACK TO BLACK."

Time and patience will be your best friend, seeing as this is a delicate/tedious job!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
Thanks for the input Jim, I am going out to pick up some BACK TO BLACK tonight. :biggthump

Just be careful when applying it. I used it when I used to detail on some hard rubber weatherstripping, and if you get a breeze and it gets on glass...PAIN IN THE ASS to get off.

Take some before/after pictures!

If you need a hand, give me a shout, I don't think I am doing anything this weekend besides work until 3 on Saturday. But then again, I don't even know where the f&#$ Sycamore, IL is :lmao:

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
Spring Cleaning

Dude, Sycamore is Dekalb . If you have been to NIU then you know where I am at. I grew up In Elmhurst but I love having empty country roads to rip it on. :biggthump . Hey thanks for the offer. I am going to the cubbies game on Sat. You used to professionally detail ?? Let me know how much $ to clean up my engine ??? PM me. I will even help just to learn some basics. I am the type who can spend 3hrs cleaning my car but never really DETAILED my engine. I have wiped it down but never a good detail. Let me know. Thanks :D

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
Dude, Sycamore is Dekalb . If you have been to NIU then you know where I am at. I grew up In Elmhurst but I love having empty country roads to rip it on. :biggthump . Hey thanks for the offer. I am going to the cubbies game on Sat. You used to professionally detail ?? Let me know how much $ to clean up my engine ??? PM me. I will even help just to learn some basics. I am the type who can spend 3hrs cleaning my car but never really DETAILED my engine. I have wiped it down but never a good detail. Let me know. Thanks :D

I used to run a little side business out of a body shop. But no, I wouldn't charge anything, maybe just pizza and brewskis.

That is a long fucking drive...oh well, time to burn some CD's.

Let me know if you want to do this, and maybe we can shoot for Sunday.

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
DAMN DUDE, I did not even notice this before but you are way up in Gurnee. Thats like by Great America. I do want to be able to catch up with you to polish this thing up but that is a REAL BIG TRIP FOR YOU. I will have bruskis for sure ( your choice ) and believe it or not we have the best pizza joint around. I know that sounds whack but I am a WOP, and this ol man from the ol country makes the best pizza right here in Sycamore !! I dont know how he ended up here but I live this SHHHTUFF. Its about 1 hr 30 min drive. My wife works in Glenview and drives this all the time. Its up to you but if not no prob.If so we will eat/drink like some fat greezeballs.Hey man jus call me and we can figure this out. But if you do come out I will give you at least $ 50.00 for your trouble. I would not let you do it for free. 630-330-5027/John

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
DAMN DUDE, I did not even notice this before but you are way up in Gurnee. Thats like by Great America. I do want to be able to catch up with you to polish this thing up but that is a REAL BIG TRIP FOR YOU. I will have bruskis for sure ( your choice ) and believe it or not we have the best pizza joint around. I know that sounds whack but I am a WOP, and this ol man from the ol country makes the best pizza right here in Sycamore !! I dont know how he ended up here but I live this SHHHTUFF. Its about 1 hr 30 min drive. My wife works in Glenview and drives this all the time. Its up to you but if not no prob.If so we will eat/drink like some fat greezeballs.Hey man jus call me and we can figure this out. But if you do come out I will give you at least $ 50.00 for your trouble. I would not let you do it for free. 630-330-5027/John

I'll give a call a little later this evening or sometime tomorrow, work out the fine details. I am in the midst of charging up the new cell phone, just picked up one of the KRZRs and trying to learn all of these damn features and download MP3s to the thing.

But I think Sunday sounds good. I'll bring my "magical" box of goodies... I'll have to see what I have in there, hell, I haven't used anything in about a year!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
DUDE I AM A COMPLETE DUMB ASS !! I TYPED IN THAT I WAS GOING TO THE GAME ON SAT. THAT IS WRONG. I AM GOING ON SUN. SORRY MAN I JUST NOTICED THAT ON YOUR LAST POST. I AM STILL GOOD WITH SAT IF YOU ARE. I will wait to here from you. SO SORRY ABOUT THE MIX UP :eek:

No big deal. Saturday would probably be a No-Go due to work and I would be tired for the remainder of the day until the booze starts to flow.

Any plans for the following Saturday or Sunday?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• IMPORTSLAYER
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list