• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I've got the itch again, somebody find me an 03

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
I just miss my 03 all to much and want another. I've learned from my mistakes building my first one on what not to do and what mods were a waste of time. I'll leave the IRS in my next one for a nicer/quieter ride and cruise it occasionally and maybe a track day (thanks to mystic terminator for a nice 20-30 minute session at autobahn last week). I have this 91 notch right now with a bad ass chassis/single turbo setup which is almost done so i'm debating on finishing it and selling it or part it out and get an 03. I don't care if it's a hard top or vert, mileage and color isn't an issue, just need a clean title and preferably stock would be nice. Thanks guys!

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
Box 1 said:
good luck finding a car regis any color specifically, Ill keep an eye out..

Nope, no specific color. I mean white would be nice but I can't be too picky. Thanks by the way :)

Jeffs KB car would be nice but I want to start with something fresh. I had a lot of good luck with the heaton so i'd like to stick with it. Plus i still have a couple parts laying around ;)

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
SLASH said:
hmmm...im going solid very soon...maybe no? cant decide!

It's your call, the only reason I did it was for less weight, better wheel/tire options and suspension tuning. My car was killer on the street with the IRS and 16" bogart/26" setup. The reason the car worked well was it squated and the extra weight helped. The solid worked well at the track though and if i broke an axle oh well, way cheaper than repairing an IRS.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I saw an 03 sonic in libertyville at a chevy dealer off of milwaukee on friday. It was on the lift at the front line. I stopped just to take a look and it was super clean but the stock rear rubber was past the wear bars. Looks like someone fried the hides before they traded it in. Very nice and sonic blue to boot!! No price though.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Regis I highly reccomend that you keep the Notch for your track only car and then get the Cobra for street/strip duty. I have seen too many people in here and many other sites go wayward when they try to combine the aspects of two cars together. It seems like people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want a track car that hooks solid and doesn't break anything but will also be great on the street too. Then they will mod their car to be better at the track only to look back and realize that they made severe sacrifices for their cars street potential. It is best to just have two cars so that you can fulfill both your track and street speed urges and not get your priorities mixed up.

Keeping the notch may cost you a little more initially. However, I can 100% guarantee you that it will save you "re-mod" money in the long run when you are able to keep away from modding the Cobra too extreme.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
rocket5979 said:
Regis I highly reccomend that you keep the Notch for your track only car and then get the Cobra for street/strip duty. I have seen too many people in here and many other sites go wayward when they try to combine the aspects of two cars together. It seems like people want to have their cake and eat it too. People want a track car that hooks solid and doesn't break anything but will also be great on the street too. Then they will mod their car to be better at the track only to look back and realize that they made severe sacrifices for their cars street potential. It is best to just have two cars so that you can fulfill both your track and street speed urges and not get your priorities mixed up.

Keeping the notch may cost you a little more initially. However, I can 100% guarantee you that it will save you "re-mod" money in the long run when you are able to keep away from modding the Cobra too extreme.

Wisest words I've ehard on csvt in a long time.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
rocket5979 said:

Very well said, and that is good advice if money is not an issue. I am guessing with the recent purchase of his Denali / tow vehicle, that keeping the notch and buying a Cobra is not financially possible for him. I would love to have a notch strictly for track duty, and a nice IRS equipped Cobra for the street, but for a lot of us, a compromise must be made simply becuase we cant afford to have a garage full of cars. I dont know if this holds true for Regis, but I certainly cant do it.

I think the important thing is to determine the ultimate use and goal for the car. This may be a HP goal or ET goal. If the car will have DD duty, then equip it so. If its a weekend warrior, get a lil rowdy with the setup.

My car started off as DD duty, but as soon as I got a second vehicle, it snowballed fast. Rear seat gone, solid 8.8", spool, trunk mounted intercooler resevoir. It really is more of a weekend warrior now, but I'm OK with that, I think thats all that matters.

I said I'd never put a cage in the thing, and I'd like to think I'll stick to it, but we'll see.

Just dont build something that you start to hate or see it as a laboring task, remember this is a hobby that we are supposed to enjoy.

.02 deposited

ohh yeah.....Regis pick up another 03, spray the damn house down....and put that beyotch on the bumper :headbang:

fireredven03

Regular
Mar 29, 2007
cobra

Good luck in the hunt for an 03 regis. My brother is the guy who bought your ported blower. I have the redfire 03 from the linc/merc dealership. Not sure what mods you are going with. I finally ended up fiddling with mine. The best mods i've found are cai, acc-tbody, 2.93 pulley, sct tune, cb bassani and x-pipe with no cats. Mods were relatively cheap too. I think spray and slicks are the next mods.

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
firstsvt said:
Very well said, and that is good advice if money is not an issue. I am guessing with the recent purchase of his Denali / tow vehicle, that keeping the notch and buying a Cobra is not financially possible for him. I would love to have a notch strictly for track duty, and a nice IRS equipped Cobra for the street, but for a lot of us, a compromise must be made simply becuase we cant afford to have a garage full of cars. I dont know if this holds true for Regis, but I certainly cant do it.

I think the important thing is to determine the ultimate use and goal for the car. This may be a HP goal or ET goal. If the car will have DD duty, then equip it so. If its a weekend warrior, get a lil rowdy with the setup.

My car started off as DD duty, but as soon as I got a second vehicle, it snowballed fast. Rear seat gone, solid 8.8", spool, trunk mounted intercooler resevoir. It really is more of a weekend warrior now, but I'm OK with that, I think thats all that matters.

I said I'd never put a cage in the thing, and I'd like to think I'll stick to it, but we'll see.

Just dont build something that you start to hate or see it as a laboring task, remember this is a hobby that we are supposed to enjoy.

.02 deposited

ohh yeah.....Regis pick up another 03, spray the damn house down....and put that beyotch on the bumper :headbang:

.02 indeed :)

Money isn't the problem, it's just that i'm getting frustrated with the notch build. I'm far enough where I would be stupid to not finish it. It's basically a single turbo stock long block with a nice trans and suspension set up, but finding the time aside from working full time and going to my shop to do sidework on weeknights and weekends gets irritating when I don't have time for anything else. It's hard to have this hobby when all you do is work on cars at all day. Sorry for the rant haha. I'll still keep my eyes for an 03 and will own another one, when is the question, who knows maybe i'll really enjoy this notch. Thanks guys :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info