• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fuel system decisions...

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
I see a lot of KB Boost-A-Pumps on this board, but i've been all over from Aeromotive to BAP and everything in the middle and while I am almost decided on a custom kit that Blane (Shaggy) is getting for his 3.4L monster, I have been investigating the Aeromotive kits "for a couple dollars more"

Pete and Blane both know me well and their logic on the custom Ford GT pump kit (engine to tank) really hits home. I am the kind of person who would rather have something extreme and throw less at it with the confidence that I am not straining it.

On my SC, I was told once I could get away with 38lb injectors, but they would run at 90-100% duty cycle. I did not want to chance it, so I got 42s... It's that kind of old mentality that I used to have with the Bird that made me ultimately decide against the BAP... It just did not seem like a good long-term solution.

Now financially, I might decide to run a BAP for the time being and sell it off because I'm getting in over my head on this whole upgrade, but that's something for me to sort out...

Ok, the question is, for a 2.3 Whipple, Max 19psi...

1. Aeromotive (or similar) all-in-one 1000hp kit $1500 incl.rails

Aeromotive Website Product Info

Summit Link w/Pricing

The Good:

- All from one brick/mortar company
- Warranties

The Downside:

- Needs a pro install (because I dont trust myself) $$$

2. Ford GT Pump Mod Kit (engine to tank) - $1200 + rails ($1600?)

Good Points:

- Many people already running similar solutions
- Really seems like a drop-in solution from the engine to the tank

Bad Points:

- No reputation other than recent one established
- Using stock Ford parts
- Rails and FPR not included

I am looking for reliability, performance and consistency. I really dont want any kind of freak idle or throttle response issues.

For those running BAPs, do you put many miles on your car other than shows/track meets?

Just looking for a wee bit of insight on this one...

Note: The Aeromotive kit I found was on LethalPerformance, but they do not list it coming with the rails? I need to call them and ask why, but it does carry a $200 discount from the Summit price. (Perhaps to drive people to the rail kits?) Maybe they dont fit the Whipple/KB???

Dumb question about the Focus and GT pumps, though... My Tbird has a Holly/Walbro 255lph 65psi constant pressure fuel pump. Why hasnt anyone used two of these and called it a day?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Sounds like way over kill for your setup. You may see 600 HP or slightly more from it.
The Focus pumps (with the PPRV delete) and a BAP will provide all the fuel you'll ever need for that.
The next step up would be the GT pumps and the necessary wiring ugrades.

Along with either of the above, you should run larger lines from the pumps to the rails. The stock rails seem to provide enough flow for your purpose.

Dana

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
cdh027 said:
Is everyone just cranking the BAP to 50% and leaving it on all the time? I have mine wired pre-FPDM and on full time at 40%. Should I just max it at 50% and let the computer comtrol everything?
Mine is still boost activated (a variable Hobbs switch, not the original KB switch) and mine's set at just under 40%. Very similar to yours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info