• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Didn't break the boost actuator. Broke something else

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
This thing. What the hell is it? How Do I fix it. I broke the little black vacuum hose thing. Sorry for my ignorance to part names.

broke.jpg

kenne_bell.jpg

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
RD SNAKE said:
Wait I thought that was the boost actuator, if not where the fuck is that?
One in the same Kevin. The valve actually keeps the butterfly in the KB mounting plate from opening under boost by letting the boost build up on the valve side and keep the arm from moving and holding the butterfly closed. (Equal pressure on both sides)Otherwise the boost would just push the butterfly open and vent the boost. The reason for the butterfly is to help keep the supercharger at a cooler temperature during vacuum conditions.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
dun4791 said:
One in the same Kevin. The valve actually keeps the butterfly in the KB mounting plate from opening under boost by letting the boost build up on the valve side and keep the arm from moving and holding the butterfly closed. (Equal pressure on both sides)Otherwise the boost would just push the butterfly open and vent the boost. The reason for the butterfly is to help keep the supercharger at a cooler temperature during vacuum conditions.

10-4...I was a little confused for a quick sec.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info