• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Twins update

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
actually the kits was in my possession for about 3 weeks before I found a donor/swap car. Then we had to align the time for us to get it swapped out.
I dont want this thing sitting on jackstands in my garage for the next 6 months no way.... this thing rolls next week it goes to the CMC meet on the 14th..... I hope

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Painter said:
Congrats !!!!!!!! I wish I was you, you did all your own work right?
why would you wish you were me Ray.... your car far surpasses mine.
Ive done a lot of the work. The K-Member, headers rear etc I had my good friend Vann and a couple of his friends do. He is also doing the solid swap as his girlfriends GT was the swap car for the rear. The blower and intake removal was done by the guy I swapped intakes with and a few of his friends. I ported, polished and painted my intakes, TB etc. I mounted the entire turbo kit and piping and put everything back together on the motor.
It hasnt come without surprises and problems though. Some things I dont know and have to go to the experts and other guys running this kit on the boards.

I have to say if I were going to do it all over again, I would go with a Hellion, THP or HPP kit. The parts are good quality and Ive heard that once this thing is tuned and moving..... it is going to fucking do just that and very well. I do have a major problem with the instructions received for this kit though. They arent for this car. They are for a GT using parts from a different kit in the instructions... you are pretty much looking at the steps in order and then pretty much winging it.

Im just going to vent this one K

Guess what HP Performance, when I spend $7k on a kit I dont want to just friggin "wing it". For $7k I better be able to open the box and this thing installs itself.

There I feel better now.
Its coming along nicely and I think it will be done shortly

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I got this tune for the car from another excellent tuner. Bob was on vacation at the time of the meet in Schaumburg and I really wanted to make it with the car. Well shit I didnt.
I talked with the other tuner (who only uses Diablosport and Im switching to all SCT) he also is urging me to get with Bob and get this car completely dialed in. I gave him some info about whats going on and he has told me Im not even at half of the potential of my setup. He says Im running rough with my loads and my fuel is pretty rich.
He tells me my power now is absolutely nothing compared to what it will be once its completely dialed in. Scarey now? you havent even seen scarey in that car yet!!
I think I just wet my pants!!!!!!:eek:

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
57mm's with .61 or .63 ar
Will do after I get it tuned.
I can tell you this, it gets a little rougher suspension wise with the Tubular K, A-Arms, Coilovers and solid rear. Amazing I dont have all of the creaks, cracks and moans that others have experienced with the same setups. Im still pretty much breaking things in yet. A little fun here and there when I have the time.
I did 8 hard pulls from a roll in 3rd gear (amazing) setting the boost controller and drank over 1/4 tank of gas 2 weeks ago. I love that VooDoo IV MBC its dead on.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
57mm's with .61 or .63 ar
Will do after I get it tuned.
I can tell you this, it gets a little rougher suspension wise with the Tubular K, A-Arms, Coilovers and solid rear. Amazing I dont have all of the creaks, cracks and moans that others have experienced with the same setups. Im still pretty much breaking things in yet. A little fun here and there when I have the time.
I did 8 hard pulls from a roll in 3rd gear (amazing) setting the boost controller and drank over 1/4 tank of gas 2 weeks ago. I love that VooDoo IV MBC its dead on.

I love the power twins can deliver but I think I might miss that low end power of those twin screws....

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I know what you mean about not driving it for a while. Mine was undriveable for about 3-4 months and I was getting impatient and trying to rush things. Now I know first hand why it takes so long to build these turbo cars.
A few more issues to deal with but its coming along nicely

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info