• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Got my solid axle

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I had a buddy locate me a 8.8 for me, work lately is busy. I got a built 8.8 out of a 04 Gt, down in indy Carmel to be exact. Got alloy usa 31 spline axles FRPP 31 spline dif It already has cobra plates ready for the calipers and the cobra spindle. Im gonna re shim it put a TA Girdle and slap it on. Ill post some pics later. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Advice is always needed. What do you guys that already made the swap think any advice, what gear size do you guys run? I was thinking 410's.

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Dude, let me know how it goes I will be doing the swap in a few weeks, im getting my solid out of a 99 GT and im doing strange 31 spline axles with a 4.10 if you plan on doing the swap mon or wed this week pm me id love to come give a hand so i can see what im getting in to. later buddy

mike

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
Dude, let me know how it goes I will be doing the swap in a few weeks, im getting my solid out of a 99 GT and im doing strange 31 spline axles with a 4.10 if you plan on doing the swap mon or wed this week pm me id love to come give a hand so i can see what im getting in to. later buddy

mike
Im not sure when Ill b doing the swap, I still have to put bigger gears, get lower control arms, and springs. In the next month 4 sure. Ill post up my progress and when Im ready to install. Ill let ya know if you want to check it out.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut said:
How about 390's?
You might be ok with 3.90s but it depends on your ETs and trap speeds.
There are some charts floating around that will give you your MPH at a certain RPM with different gear sets. You'll have to sit down and figure out what you realistically be doing.
For example, I'm running 133+ through the traps and I'm out of motor before I get to the end of the quarter. I am actually at about 7000 RPMs.
I have 3.73 and 26 inch tires.
I am moving up to 28 inch tires this year to lower my RPMs through the traps before I blow the motor up.
As I said, this will take a little planning to avoid a mistake later.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info