• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ported my blower

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Well i had Hans pull the blower off so I could port it. It only took about 2.5hrs. total to do. I found a template on svtp and then modified it just a bit, then compared it to Stegemier's. I think it looks pretty close and hopefully it will make the power. I cut the bottom of the blower bigger, and just polished the intake side. i am currently working on a plenum and throttle body too.

blower2.jpg
[/IMG]
blower.jpg
[/IMG]
intake.jpg
[/IMG]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It'll be interesting to see how the home port works. I think Stiegemeier has discovered that a little bit of a difference in the port can make a big difference in how the blower works. Maybe Hank could chime in with a couple remembrances on his blower port job and other related stories. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
That turned out really nice, can't wait to see the power increase. BTW, I called the IL Environment Protection Agency, and you were right! No more emissions test for me. :D That x-pipe is going on as soon as I have a chance to install it.

I'll probably end up selling my BBK h-pipe with cats now.

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
send it out to the pro,s..im sure that stegemeier has hundreds of man hours in testing different porting options and after the research he uses the best available port. you cant just hog something out and get great numbers. there are a ton of variables such as airflow and resistance. the less metal doesnt meen more power so be carefull. your job does look ok and i hope it works but for $400 i will send it out everytime.
steggyeaton006.jpg

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
noavgcobra said:
send it out to the pro,s..im sure that stegemeier has hundreds of man hours in testing different porting options and after the research he uses the best available port. you cant just hog something out and get great numbers. there are a ton of variables such as airflow and resistance. the less metal doesnt meen more power so be carefull. your job does look ok and i hope it works but for $400 i will send it out everytime.
steggyeaton006.jpg

+1

Goodluck with it Toddameier!

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Cobra Crazy said:
Could you post a link to the template?

All you should have to do is right click and print it. Here is what the results were on the car where they used this same template:

Well the car definately made more power, throttle response is great, and at peak it gained 24rwhp and 20ftlbs, but the most important thing is it gained power everywhere, down low, up top at 3000 rpm it gained 30rwtq at 6200rpm it gained 37rwhp, where it was dropping off and much needed, The biggest problem now is with these gains, the stock mass air meter is now pegged. So corey needs to buy a 300 dollar mafs, and we might as well port the plenum and toss on a larger throttle body. Either way it will be really neat to see the gains with the nitrous after this, and maybee some more porting.

th_porttemplate.jpg

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I would much rather do it my self and save the $400. Even if it doesn't make as much power, it didn't cost me anything but some of my own labor. Plus I like to do this kind of stuff.

noavgcobra said:
steggyeaton006.jpg

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Dewalt03cobra said:
I'm very interested in seeing how this come out. But, I have a few questions.

---Did you mill out or grind out the port?

---Where did find the port templet?

If this comes out, I may do this myself.

I actually just traced the template(which I posted in an earlier reply) the I drilled a series of 6 holes in the round portion and then used an air grinder to connect the holes and remove the rest of the aluminum. Then I used a 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" hole saw to drill the top two holes. You just have to make sure you don't drill the t20 upper holes too high, since they will end up out of the case

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
rocket5979 said:
Whether it nets quite as much power as a Steggy port or not, I still got to give props to another fellow member that does their own work. I just don't see people sending all their stuff out to other people to do as a real gearhead/racer. Good going Todd. :biggthump

Thanks, I love to do this kind of stuff and figured why spend the money if I don't have to. I will let everyone know how much power it makes. I have before #'s in my sig, and I am going to dyno it after I get a few other things squared away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info