• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

plenum spacer bolts

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
i was switching out my injectors while doing my s-trim install and noticed theprevious owner put in a plenum spacer. looks to be 3/8" but i am not sure, i will have to measure it.

as i was torquing the intake down, the bolt broke. lucky for me it didnt snap completely and it came out in one peice. looks like a low grade bolt u get from home depot or somthing. should have just got new ones to begin with.

where can i find the correct bolts to use that are like the ones from the factory.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
maniak said:
i was switching out my injectors while doing my s-trim install and noticed theprevious owner put in a plenum spacer. looks to be 3/8" but i am not sure, i will have to measure it.

as i was torquing the intake down, the bolt broke. lucky for me it didnt snap completely and it came out in one peice. looks like a low grade bolt u get from home depot or somthing. should have just got new ones to begin with.

where can i find the correct bolts to use that are like the ones from the factory.

While you're doing it, might as well replace all of them!

I'll give you a call coming this week about getting/picking up the injectors.

Send me your Paypal ID or if you just want me to drop some cash off when I grab them from your house. Whatever one works best.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
If you have one of the bolts that came out, you can just take it to ace hardware and match it up to a nut to see what size it is. Then you can get some grade 8 bolts.

maniak said:

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
01Sleeper said:
If you have one of the bolts that came out, you can just take it to ace hardware and match it up to a nut to see what size it is. Then you can get some grade 8 bolts.

i do have them all and i was thinking about that but maybe those bolts were to short? i was torquing them down to 20ft/lbs like it says and the bolt just snapped.

i was thinkin that the factory ones would be better cuz they wouldnt need washers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Maniak
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list