• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help out the rookie

Unistang

Mar 24, 2007
I'm new to this crowd so I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a few things. Actually just answer a few questions.

- What dyno shops do you recommend around chi town.
- Know of any sites for buy/sell used parts
- Events coming up?
- Hangouts?
- Things to watch out for.
- Common problems
- Best combos
etc...

Basically anything pertaining to this car. I never knew what the deal was with these cars til I bought one. I've wanted this thing since I saw it at the auto show when i was 19. Any help/info would be awesome guys... thanks.

Nick

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Unistang said:
I'm new to this crowd so I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a few things. Actually just answer a few questions.

- Events coming up?
- Hangouts?
- Common problems
- Best combos
etc...

Basically anything pertaining to this car. I never knew what the deal was with these cars til I bought one. I've wanted this thing since I saw it at the auto show when i was 19. Any help/info would be awesome guys... thanks.

Nick

You might be better off if you told us where you live. There are places, but I am sure you would prefer the closer ones to you.

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
Unistang said:

- Events coming up?
- Hangouts?
- Common problems
- Best combos
etc...

Nick
go into the members list and pm people in your area. we all like to hang out and get together a lot. im in Carol Stream and my driveway is always open

Wiked L

Wiked03's Bitch
Apr 1, 2004
Unistang said:
- Events coming up?
- Hangouts?

Now that summer is around the corner there is an event happening every weekend just about. Check out our Events & Gatherings forum...
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php3?f=13

A couple of big hangouts lately are streets of woodfield and beefvilla. In the past streets has been a Friday night hang out. But it has been an any day thing because of the lack of nice weather. Beef Villa is a Sunday afternoon hangout. They have awesome cheese fries and they are really cool about us just hangin out in the parking lot. Just look out for the threads people start. Any body is welcomed at any get together posted. We try to be friendly :biggthump

A couple of the biggest events this site has every year is the Midwest SVT challenge and the CSVT Picnic.

The Midwest SVT Challenge (MSC) is our race event we hold at US41 dragway. This year it will be held on June 2nd. We rent out the track to only Fords and in the past people have been able to make a pass with almost no wait. Prizes and Giveaway are given to those that attend by the sponsors of this site. It's a great opporunity to test the waters of dragracing if you never have drag raced because every body is friendly and happy to give pointers and help. Mostly it's a great day to hang out and drag race.
Here are the links with more info...
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php3?f=24
http://midwestsvtchallenge.home.comcast.net/

The CSVT picnic is our annual get to know the members picnic. Jack, our site administrator, is kind enough to plan this event. (Thanks Jack!) Right now it is planned for June 10th. Bring your family and meet other members and their cars. It was a lot of fun last year!
More info...
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=18824

There are things I'm sure I missed but this will get you started. :headbang:

You should try and bump your chitown hustle thread....

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Want some Weekday Hangouts Most likely will find them On Streets of Woodfield, Belmont and Cumberland by Dunkin Doughnuts, Harlem and Belmont On White Castle Parking Lot, and alot of nice cars that I seen hanging out at is Strats On North Ave and Rt83. Some peeps go to HIP Which is Harlem Irving Plaza, and an old one that I could remember was called VIP but a lot of shit talking happens there Don't like that one.

01SVT19 said:
Want some Weekday Hangouts Most likely will find them On Streets of Woodfield, Belmont and Cumberland by Dunkin Doughnuts, Harlem and Belmont On White Castle Parking Lot, and alot of nice cars that I seen hanging out at is Strats On North Ave and Rt83. Some peeps go to HIP Which is Harlem Irving Plaza, and an old one that I could remember was called VIP but a lot of shit talking happens there Don't like that one.

Haha! Agree with everything you said.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
Duke's Drive-in is dead (but the food is still good) due to people who buy homes by the airport and then complain about planes
Zip's Drive-in is a Krispy Kreme now
Cruiser's is townhouses now I think
A & W is now an Open MRI
Top's Big Boy is now a vacant lot

What used to be corn/wheat/bean fields is now where Cliff, Jack, and Vince live (we used to have a marked quarter mile out that way)

and last time I was at streets, a fight broke out. nothing attracts cops like fist fights. Except maybe guns going off.

Treat your hang-outs as the precious things they are. We no longer have the right to peaceful assembly.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
Duke's Drive-in is dead (but the food is still good) due to people who buy homes by the airport and then complain about planes
Zip's Drive-in is a Krispy Kreme now
Cruiser's is townhouses now I think
A & W is now an Open MRI
Top's Big Boy is now a vacant lot

What used to be corn/wheat/bean fields is now where Cliff, Jack, and Vince live (we used to have a marked quarter mile out that way)

and last time I was at streets, a fight broke out. nothing attracts cops like fist fights. Except maybe guns going off.

Treat your hang-outs as the precious things they are. We no longer have the right to peaceful assembly.

AMEN

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info