• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB FRPS disk price increase

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A thread on SVTP says that Kenne Bell has raised the price of their FRPS rubber disk from $5 to $15. This disk helps prevent pressure surges which blow out the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. $5 was fair, $15 is pricey for a rubber disk with a small hole in the middle that probably costs $.05 to make. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372473

I've blown out the FRPS twice. Once with the disk and once without so the disk may help but it doesn't prevent sensor failure. Usually they blow out after a spirited driving session that approaches the rev limiter but my 2nd time was normal driving on Harlem Ave while on my way to work. I had to pull over in a restaurant parking lot, wake Amy up and have her get one from Sutton and bring it out to me. At least I remembered to have her bring my sockets. The replacement is a 2 minute deal if you have the sensor and tools.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Flyn high again said:
A thread on SVTP says that Kenne Bell has raised the price of their FRPS rubber disk from $5 to $15. This disk helps prevent pressure surges which blow out the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. $5 was fair, $15 is pricey for a rubber disk with a small hole in the middle that probably costs $.05 to make. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372473

I've blown out the FRPS twice. Once with the disk and once without so the disk may help but it doesn't prevent sensor failure. Usually they blow out after a spirited driving session that approaches the rev limiter but my 2nd time was normal driving on Harlem Ave while on my way to work. I had to pull over in a restaurant parking lot, wake Amy up and have her get one from Sutton and bring it out to me. At least I remembered to have her bring my sockets. The replacement is a 2 minute deal if you have the sensor and tools.

You, Lyle, and Dana were nice enough to put one on my car, as well as tell me about them, when Herman was last out here. I have never blown one, before or since then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info