• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

irs suspension question

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
noavgcobra said:
anyone heard of the pro or cons for the maximum motorsports irs package . its like $498 and some pennies just wondering if it is worth it...if anyone did this how bad was the install? just looking for less wheel hop and better 60 ft times

The kit you mention contains:
Delrin Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
Delrin Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings

Many people have posted that the deflection (which causes wheel hop) comes from other areas, not only the LCA/UCA bushings. Full education can begin by reading some of Postban's infomation Red Pill

I am running close to the kit MMRG-22, and had the guys at Speed, Inc. install everything. I know it was several hours of work for them, and I don't want to think what it would have taken me to remove the bushings alone (especially without a garage at the time). And to answer what you are asking, yes the MM products are great, and along with a few other suspension mods the combination has dramatically changed my wheel hop characteristics.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Mystic Terminator said:
Shocks/Springs/DR's is an easy mod you can do yourself to help eliminate hop.

+100000000000000....I'm running H&R race springs, nitto's, STOCK struts...with no bushing or even a IRS brace ( But I am installing on soon)...And I Never get wheel hop.....I would do the bushing after shocks/springs/dr..because they are a PITA to install, plus all of the RIGHT bushing are some where around $1000 to get everything...I plan on doing the MM grip box for the irs next winter with some lvl 5's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info