• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My alternator is DEAD!! HELP!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I disagree. Dana has been using a 130a PA alternator with no problem. I am also using one. We both have electric water pumps too, so maybe we are keeping it cooler. Maybe it's the heat causing the failures? But Dan is 600+ rwhp. Maybe you just need a larger alternator pulley. High RPMs and a pulley too small = bye bye alternator. I'd get another 130a from PA and go a size larger on the alt pulley.

mosconiac

Regular
Jan 5, 2005
Mystichrome04 put a PA on his Cobra (with their recommended pulley) and it crapped out almost immediately. PA gave him the run around on replacement so he dumped them and went back to stock. This doesn't seem to be an isolated story, so I will never buy PA.

The Cobra is a brutal application (no air movement). Us Cobra guys like to wash our motors, which probably irritates the issue by adding water to the mix. I'm on my 3rd stocker and will have it rewound locally next time.

Call Steve @ Tousley Ford (800-328-9552) and mention SVTP for a great deal on a stocker. Its not a perfect solution, but its the best option we have at this point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info