• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Brisk Plugs? Yay or Nay?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Gonna pick up some new plugs before James comes to town and Ed had suggested either Denso IT22's or NGK TR7ix's. Was also wondering about the Brisk GOR14IRY's as well... I know that Brisk plugs used to be the "newest, greatest thing ever since sliced bread" but then some people had reported issue's with them. Have they gotten better since reported failures, or were most of those due to other factors than the plugs themselves?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
gnxs said:
Not for your combo Matt. I have a set lying around, but they would only be good for a stock or near stock vehicle.

Hey Larry, why do you say they would be for a stock or near stock vehicle? The GOR14IRY's are supposed to be equivelant to the IT22's and TR7ix's, which are still a step colder than the TR6's or AR103's that I've tried already. Ed at RWTD suggested the IT22's or TR7's and I found a set of the same heat range Brisks for $50/shipped. I find it hard to spend $100 on a set, but half that is doable... :dunno:

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Wiked03 said:
Haven't heard enough good stuff about the brisks to warrant their big pricetag.

Hard to beat a $2 NGK. :D

I agree... the high price ain't worth it to me either, but I found a set of the Brisks for $50/shipped (can probably even get them for $45/shipped if I try). That price ain't SO bad if they perform as good as, or possibly better, the Denso or NGK Iridiums.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
If you want to spend more than $2 on a spark plug, get the NGK TR7IX's or the Denso's. Running high boost with the Brisk's have caused alot of problems (or alot of perceived problems). The best plug I've ever used was the TR7IX's. If I ever get my "fouling" problem figured out where I'm not going thru plugs every few weeks, I'm going to run the TR7IX's.

No need for you to experiment here when there are already several good choices proven to work on our cars.

My $0.02.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
gnxs said:
If you want to spend more than $2 on a spark plug, get the NGK TR7IX's or the Denso's. Running high boost with the Brisk's have caused alot of problems (or alot of perceived problems). The best plug I've ever used was the TR7IX's. If I ever get my "fouling" problem figured out where I'm not going thru plugs every few weeks, I'm going to run the TR7IX's.

No need for you to experiment here when there are already several good choices proven to work on our cars.

My $0.02.

Gotcha... as always, thanks Larry!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info