• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bad Ball Joint? Pic enclosed

J

Jpatte

I was rotating the wheels when spotting the front ball joint missing the rubber boot. I don't like the look of this at all. Didn't somebody loose a ball joint going the strip last season. What do you guys think? Where can I get some heavy duty ball joints for the front end?

Attachments

• sBallJoint3.7.07.jpg
    sBallJoint3.7.07.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Looks like the tie rod end boot melted. Mine did that after a few open track events. Replaced them with some Cobra R tie rod ends that have the hi-temp boot on them and haven't had that problem again.

The front end alignment costs more than the parts. You might want to hold off replacing it if you are planning any suspension mods in the near future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list