• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tuning options - sct

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I was thinking about upgrading my tuning software. I am running a Kenne Bell chip that has been burned with a custom tune. I already spent $200 on it and I was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a xcal2 or even one of those new liveware setups. I don't know what to do about this? I sometimes think it is a waste of money but other times I think it might be worth it. What would everyone else do? Is their any benifts of doing this? I'm just confused and need direction....

-Kevin

Also If/when I upgrade, and if i got with a xcal2. I will be buying a used unit, what should I look out for ? Is their different model numbers, If so what is the newest model or are they all the same?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
If you don't log much then there is really no need for the Livewire. The Xcal2 will let you log just fine as long as you have a laptop to do it passthrough. IMO, I would bet that 95% of SCT users will not really need anything like the Livewire due to not many people using the datalogging feature as often as they initially think they will.

The Xcal2 is good because you can get new tunes and upload them to the unit yourself, versus having to send your chip off to get burned by someone else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• rdsnake
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list