• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

eaton is off

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
pulled the eaton this morning not as hard as i thought. great instructions by steigemieier's web site. cost $80 to ship with packaging but i hope to get a quick turn around.

Attachments

• blower removal 001.jpg
    blower removal 001.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 141
  • blower removal 002.jpg
    blower removal 002.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 141
  • blower removal 003.jpg
    blower removal 003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
  • blower removal 005.jpg
    blower removal 005.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
  • blower removal 007.jpg
    blower removal 007.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 11
  • blower removal 008.jpg
    blower removal 008.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 144

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
sweet man, new found power for cheaper than gettin a whipple!!

ya, i was lookin at the instructions cuz ubsmoked (mike) was lookin to do this and he was bitchen about how hard it looks. i think it look simple. pop off some vacum lines, sensors and what not then unbolt and pull off the manifold. i'll do it for him if he's to scared.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
maniak said:
sweet man, new found power for cheaper than gettin a whipple!!

ya, i was lookin at the instructions cuz ubsmoked (mike) was lookin to do this and he was bitchen about how hard it looks. i think it look simple. pop off some vacum lines, sensors and what not then unbolt and pull off the manifold. i'll do it for him if he's to scared.
You're right, its so easy. Having directions makes it easy, and taking pictures of everything you remove along with labeling little baggies for the bolts and nuts makes it 100X easier.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
noavgcobra said:
took me about an hour and a half but i took extra care in labeling everything. hope it goes back together just as easy. the best part was my wife holding the blower up while i unbolted the intercooler piece.

Just get your self a nice 2 by 4 and stuff it under the block and lower intake... The hardest thing is the EGR tube that thing blows

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
RD SNAKE said:
Just get your self a nice 2 by 4 and stuff it under the block and lower intake... The hardest thing is the EGR tube that thing blows

+1 on the EGR tube. That thing can be an SOB.

I still remember when Hank brought his over to my house to pull the blower. That was years ago. It was one of the early port jobs before Stiegemeier got popular. Learned a lot.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
noavgcobra said:
i used a pipe wrench and half a turn it was loose. my car only has 7k so everything is still like brand new

Getting it off isn't the problem. it is getting the tube back into the EGR valve that is the problem, It is even worst with the LDC cooling mod, because it is kind of in the way of the tube. Good Luck.

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
RD SNAKE said:
Getting it off isn't the problem. it is getting the tube back into the EGR valve that is the problem, It is even worst with the LDC cooling mod, because it is kind of in the way of the tube. Good Luck.
what do i need to do to eliminate the egr? also do any of you replace those weak ass bolts that hold on the intercooler? i broke one off and had to pay$20 to get it removed....also picking up an idler set and having stegemeier install a 2.76 upper. changing the heat exchanger to a fluidyne and anything else you guys can think of that is cheap!

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
noavgcobra said:
what do i need to do to eliminate the egr? also do any of you replace those weak ass bolts that hold on the intercooler? i broke one off and had to pay$20 to get it removed....also picking up an idler set and having stegemeier install a 2.76 upper. changing the heat exchanger to a fluidyne and anything else you guys can think of that is cheap!

You will need an egr block off plate, and a cap for the manifold (easiest way is just cut the egr tube and have it welded since it is a special thread) Then you just have to reroute some vacuum lines. I just did mine and it was pretty easy. I just made a block off plate out of some aluminum. Let me know if you need a hand and I can help you.

Todd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info