• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dynoed the cobra!

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
I went ahead and dynoed my cobra today and it was a MUSTANG DYNO.

my car put down 370rwhp bone stock on mustang dyno and those guys told me that this ca can't be stock and they called a cobra guy to check the car and they checked the car like 10 mins and the guy confirmed that the car was bone stock.

He told me that normally the highest number he has seen on a stock cobra was 348ish rwhp since he has been in this bussines.
Then he calculated to to DYNOJET and said arond 407rwhp. which is very impressive. but he told me that Mustang dyno is giving more realistic numbers and 370rwhp still blows that 390 crank hp and proves that these things are way underrated!

here is the dyno sheet and a couple photos.

They also told me that my motor is pretty heathly, which made me happier!

ErdalsDynorun001.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

the car has 34k miles on.

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
tom03Cobra said:
Yes they are underrated from the factory. Quite a bit actually.

My old '03 with no muffs and just a JLT CAI did 399rwhp. It was so rich that above 5K rpm, it was off the AF scale (was a svt dynoday so there were a ton of people there to see it). Was pretty impressed

they underrated the sh*t out these cars.. more than what i thought.

370rwhp / 0.85 = 435hp at the crank. thank god they underrated or we couldn't afford for insurance :biggthump

so how does these cars sound without mufflers? and any drone?

tom03Cobra

YEEOWZZAA
Dec 13, 2004
There was a little drone at higher highway cruising (80+ cruising). But not bad.
Sound was great. It was quite unique. Everyone commented that my cobra sounded different than the rest (thank god). At the time I was rolling with a bunch of other cobra's (i.e. svtdubs), and vipers, so it was nice to have a different sound.

My viper buddy's commented that they always knew when it was me pulling away or coming around a corner.

Tom

doodad said:
they underrated the sh*t out these cars.. more than what i thought.

370rwhp / 0.85 = 435hp at the crank. thank god they underrated or we couldn't afford for insurance :biggthump

so how does these cars sound without mufflers? and any drone?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
doodad said:
What is that mean Mike? :D
Well, these cars (as you have noticed) make a lot of power. Many people come from cars like Hondas, 96-98 Mustang GT's, Camaros....y'know, slow cars. Well, when you start your journey with the Terminator, the power comes on so quick and so hard that it is really, really easy to lose it or something worse. 370 rwhp and 348 rwtq have a way of sneaking up on you very fast if you're not ready. Basically, all I'm trying to say is: "With great power comes great responsibility." Respect the Mighty Terminator's power and you'll be alright.

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info