• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

any ideas

SVT827

Svt827
Mar 5, 2006
i have to pass emsions. and i have some mods on.. the 2 codes i get are bank 1and 2.. the first one is cleared but the second won't go away..
i have the quick change pulley kit, with 6lbs boost pulley. bigger throttle body and aem brute force intake.. has anyone ever had any problems with the intake or pulley kit? i'm thinking it's the pulley.. but i wanted to hear from some others about there experiences with this pulley kit..
guys let me know..
i'm thinking my next option would be new injectors.. :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
hj16 said:
Im sure you could get any tuner to just shut the codes off for your emissions test

+1 All the emissions people do is plug into the computer and look for trouble codes. You could also ask the tuner what you need to do to correct the codes. There are some good tuners sponsoring the site. Look them up.

SVT827

Svt827
Mar 5, 2006
SonicBlueDevil said:
Not to hijack the thread or anything but I have the same mods as you + a few and I get P0171 running lean in bank 1. They think it's a bad 02 sensor or a vacuum leak somewhere. Maybe that will help ya.
i did change the o2 sensors..
i also have a tuner and cleared the code before emsions and they found it and i failed 2 times like that.. i had the truck dynoed before. i put the mods on..i don't drive it in the winter but i had to take it out for the stupid emsions.. i don't know i have till dec 07 to get this fixed..h

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
ILLINI-SVT said:
I've pulled those codes before, it's a vacuum leak (unless you have a PCV connection open or loose, I'd check there first, especially under the intake plenum). They're a bitch to find, look all around the vacuum system, it's got to be somewhere.

check the vaccum line off the egr it someties gets burned on that pipe coming off the header on the driver side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info