• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Local parts counter able to compete with Steve at Tousely Ford?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
As my blower belt tensioner bearing wails like a banshee, I find myself pondering why I get the "screw you" price from the dealership parts counter. I get a decent discount for just be some schmuck off the street, but the best price I could find locally for 1L3Z-6B209-AB is $80. Nuts to that. Tousley Ford is sending me one for $53. He even had it in stock.

Can anyone local even come close to Tousley Ford prices? My connection at Ogden Lincoln-Mercury doesn't seem to be there anymore.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
The bearing is probably the same, and as far as i know the tensioners are the same between the inner belt and the outer belt. I have some billetflow bearings, but I have to work outside so i'd rather not mess around too much. In this case I think I'm better off swapping the tensioners and rebuilding the old one to use as a spare. That would also satisfy my spare parts fetish. :D

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I'll keep you in mind next time. My usual rounds are from Willowbrook to Ogden L-M to Madden and if I'm feeling ambitious, Fair Oaks. Ogden was always best to me. (just to give you an idea of where i'd be driving from :) )

Doug@SuttonHP said:
PM me with any Ford OEM part that you are looking for and i will shoot you a SWEET price! If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.
Thanks
Doug

mosconiac

Regular
Jan 5, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
The bearing is probably the same, and as far as i know the tensioners are the same between the inner belt and the outer belt.
The tensioner bodies may be the same, but the idlers themselves are entirely different between the two tensioners. The (obvious) differences are one is a ribbed for an 8-rib belt and the other is smooth for a 6-rib belt.

I don't know if Ford varied the spring tension between the two given the different duties they would serve or whether they would just grab the same body and put a different idler on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info