• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Prochamber and Magnaflows making strange noises??

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Eric (noavgcobra) and I installed my new offroad prochamber and magnaflow kit a month or two ago, and since then I have noticed under heavy accel I get a very loud shhhhhh sound comming from under the car. Its pretty loud to the point that it really kills the exhaust noise from inside the car. Im wondering if thats normal because of no cats, or do I maybe have an exhaust leak. We used his air tools to install them, and check for leaks from the start. Any ideas?

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
SLASH said:
maybe you installed a turbo by mistake??!!

Thats pretty funny!!

But I am thinking it may be a gasket you blew through on the passenger side manifold.

I had a MAC Prochamber with some IRS Magnaflows on my Cobra. After a couple months one day I thought I blew the motor up. ( since I really dont know what that sounds like )

But it turned out that the shitty paper gasket had burned through on one side of the triangular gasket. So it was a NASTY ASS exhaust leak. I had Sutton fix throw a new gasket on and all was fine. Boy was I relieved to say the least!!

Good luck with it!! I hope thats ALL it ends up being!! :biggthump

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
03CobraBoy said:
Thats pretty funny!!

But I am thinking it may be a gasket you blew through on the passenger side manifold.

I had a MAC Prochamber with some IRS Magnaflows on my Cobra. After a couple months one day I thought I blew the motor up. ( since I really dont know what that sounds like )

But it turned out that the shitty paper gasket had burned through on one side of the triangular gasket. So it was a NASTY ASS exhaust leak. I had Sutton fix throw a new gasket on and all was fine. Boy was I relieved to say the least!!

Good luck with it!! I hope thats ALL it ends up being!! :biggthump

Thanks man, but we reused the metal gasket. I learned the hardway with my GT that the mac gasket is no good. Maybe I will take it to a muffler shop and see if they can snug up the header bolts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info