• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB finally owns up to 2.6/2.8 design flaw

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I just read the thread. I already knew something about the problem from talking to Dan and Lyle but it is interesting and gratifying to read about how normal guys can band together and calmly push a company into solving a problem with that company's parts. Dana and High Octane also had some great posts in that thread.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
That company is seriously fugged up. Im glad that enough protest went up about the new blowers to get a fix put out... but like what was stated in that thread... the owners shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING. The part should get shipped out to the owner with instructions along with return box and postage for the old actuator. I dont understand how you can sell a $4000 blower thats defective and still look for an resolve that fucks over the customer yet again.

PS - Now only if someone would get them to put out a FREE fix for the 2.2L KBs.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Yeah Kenne Bell is a pretty shady company at times. Some people are very good to deal with over there. Others are terrible. I don't prefer to do business with a company without consistency. BTW, I posted a thread in the Kenne Bell section over on MF.com regarding some so called "testing" they did for the KB 2.6's... HERE Lets just say that I caught them more or less faking test results. :confused: Maybe some in here already knew that, but I am sure others didn't. Oh well, at least I am happy with my 2.2! :laughing2 :headbang:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
Thats fucked up! However im NOT happy with my KB, It's has been spitin oil out of the snot of the blower since new. It is the update snot with the hole in the middle of the bolt. I don't know what to do? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Kevin
I have a buddy with the same problem spitting oil right out of the snout. this is why I would get a whipple. There have been way too many threads about KB problems.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
10th03cobra said:
Damn, thats crazy Rocket..... :eek:

Yeah I noticed that QUITE some time ago but said nothing. I am fed up with how dishonest Kenne Bell is. I personally have caught them in lies 3 times. I have also caught their employee's putting out information that was TOTALLY wrong. I also had employees telling me one thing about the company when they had said something totally different 1 year before that regarding "testing" that was happening with another product offered 3 years back. Yeah, I don't trust them. Too bad I love the KB scream so much otherwise I would have a Whipple 2.3 under my hood right now. Hehe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info