• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Front Wheel Fitment Questions

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
OK.... I used to have a sweet set of Prostars 15x3 1/2 & 15x10. They were pretty bad ass looking. They probably would have also been very effective for what they were designed for but......I hated the loose & sloppy feel of the skinnys in the front for daily driving. So I sold them three weeks later. I dont know how you guys that run them all the time can do it. I just felt very very unsafe. But again it looked very tough.

So my question is how about a 16x7 or 16x6? For the front. Seems that would be wider than a skinny for "better" control and not as wide or as heavy as the stock 9 inch wheel.

And also I had to use longer studs and a spacer, blah blah blah. I would like to not have to do any of that crap. Does anyone know of a 16x7 wheel that has backspacing to clear the Cobra brakes or does it take a 17inch wheel to clear them WITHOUT a spacer?

And just to be picky.....I want them to be pretty nice looking as MY goal is to run that set up all the time. I REALLY dont want to bring wheels / tires / jack / misc shit to the track with me. Just a cooler and thats it :cool:

Maybe nothing exists like what I am looking for but as always I apprecaite feedback.

Matt

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
OK.... I used to have a sweet set of Prostars 15x3 1/2 & 15x10. They were pretty bad ass looking. They probably would have also been very effective for what they were designed for but......I hated the loose & sloppy feel of the skinnys in the front for daily driving. So I sold them three weeks later. I dont know how you guys that run them all the time can do it. I just felt very very unsafe. But again it looked very tough.

So my question is how about a 16x7 or 16x6? For the front. Seems that would be wider than a skinny for "better" control and not as wide or as heavy as the stock 9 inch wheel.

And also I had to use longer studs and a spacer, blah blah blah. I would like to not have to do any of that crap. Does anyone know of a 16x7 wheel that has backspacing to clear the Cobra brakes or does it take a 17inch wheel to clear them WITHOUT a spacer?

And just to be picky.....I want them to be pretty nice looking as MY goal is to run that set up all the time. I REALLY dont want to bring wheels / tires / jack / misc shit to the track with me. Just a cooler and thats it :cool:

Maybe nothing exists like what I am looking for but as always I apprecaite feedback.

Matt

That's funny, I bought a sweet set of pro-star skinny's off of this guy one time. They were only like 3 weeks old :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FUNDAD
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list