• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Yay OR NAY need your oppinions...

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut's Cobra on Nitrous:

Ukgrable2.jpg

:joke:

Sounds like a good deal to me.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Wiked03 said:
Is it a wet or dry kit? I have heard wet kits with 75+ shots run the risk off draining the stock fuel rails dry and causing a lean spike.
yea its a wet kit. but what I was thinking for $300 I cant pass it up its a buddy of mine, so he is giving me a great deal. I might b able 2 sell it for a little more. But what I really want do is squirt the Heat Exhchanger at the track days instead of shoving ice in my reservoir.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut said:
yea its a wet kit. but what I was thinking for $300 I cant pass it up its a buddy of mine, so he is giving me a great deal. I might b able 2 sell it for a little more. But what I really want do is squirt the Heat Exhchanger at the track days instead of shoving ice in my reservoir.

You can always install smaller jets and you don't have to run a wet kit. Just run it dry.

I don't think squirting the heat exchanger with nitrous works very well.

Dana

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Dana said:
You can always install smaller jets and you don't have to run a wet kit. Just run it dry.

I don't think squirting the heat exchanger with nitrous works very well.

Dana
Ok how do I run the dry kit. Do I run like a 50 shot pre mass air is that safe enough. Do I need to retune my car on the dyno? I heard that you dont have to retune if you run 50shot pre mass air. Do I need any other supporting mods for it or Im ok with everything?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut said:
Ok how do I run the dry kit. Do I run like a 50 shot pre mass air is that safe enough.
Yes, just install a smaller jet. Don't hook up the fuel side of the kit.

FuelSlut said:
Do I need to retune my car on the dyno?
Probably. You will need to add a little fuel.

FuelSlut said:
Do I need any other supporting mods for it or Im ok with everything?
Maybe a boost a pump.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
FuelSlut said:
Cool thanks, I heard that a 50 shot pre mass is plenty and gets great results. What set up r you running to get 666rwhp thats freakin awsome.

It's a Whipple running about 17#'s and the 50 shot (a number 35 jet) gives me about 55 or 60 RWHP extra.
Mine is also a pre-MAF and I have a tune that adds some fuel. it works for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info