• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone change the eaton blower fluid?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Jiggy_One said:
I have a good idea on how to do it, but I have yet to pin down a real answer as to which oil to use. I have heard that mobil 1 10w30 is the preferred fluid, but will it be better to use than the GM blower oil or whatever Ford puts in from the factory?

Brian

Eaton blower is a eaton blower, Don't matter if it's on a GM or a Ford. GM sells the stuff at the parts counter, and it's pretty cheap. You only need to change it every 50K or so for normal use. So maybe every 30k or so if you have a pulley.

Kevin

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
SLASH said:
wow man, miley for an 04, you bought it used?

Yeah, a little high for my tastes but its all I could find in that color. Plus I got a smokin deal on it last summer of all times. But I love the car, and yes I wish it had 10K miles on it but I took what I could get. My GT I traded in was an 04 that I bought in late 03 and it only had 12K miles on it.

Thanks Jon, I'm really obsessive about the exterior and interior condition of my car. I have washed it and waxed it more times than days I have owned it. Man I cant wait for the spring/summer. I'd better play it safe and change that blower fluid because this will be a pullied summer full of 1/4mile runs and the ocasional street race.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Jiggy_One said:
Yeah, a little high for my tastes but its all I could find in that color. Plus I got a smokin deal on it last summer of all times. But I love the car, and yes I wish it had 10K miles on it but I took what I could get. My GT I traded in was an 04 that I bought in late 03 and it only had 12K miles on it.

Thanks Jon, I'm really obsessive about the exterior and interior condition of my car. I have washed it and waxed it more times than days I have owned it. Man I cant wait for the spring/summer. I'd better play it safe and change that blower fluid because this will be a pullied summer full of 1/4mile runs and the ocasional street race.

sounds good to me...i guess they are meant to be driven!

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Try this link

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm#_Toc35092327

look at 2.1.19. for the write up on how to change the blower oil.

I changed my blower oil and it wasnt hard at all. Its rather easy. When I changed the oil it smelled really really bad. I think I might change mine every season cause it was so easy. I orderd my GM supercharger oil from www.pulleyboys.com Its better to be safe than sorry so go ahead and change the oil.

As far as what oil to use Mobil 1 will work fine as will the GM supercharger oil. You cant go wrong with either.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
I use a syringe I got from the pharmacy and a length of tubing, and refill with mobil 1 10w-30.

Its a five minute job that makes very little mess. No real reason not to, especially if you're pullied.

Will do. Now is it recommended to let the blower warm up so the fluid is thinner, or do it cold. Obviously, Im going to wait until it warms up. Its so damn cold, my garage wont warm up and its attached to my townhome. Looks like I need a space heater. Fucking winter in chicago sucks ass.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Thanks Eric. Too bad keeping our yellow and white cobras clean is like having a weekend part time job. I spend the whole morning washing and waxing. Then the first time I take it out, the whole rear bumper has a dust film on it, and the front rims are also coated with a light dusting of brake dust. Then the bird shit show up on the hood and down one of the sides, and I manage to get ANOTHER rock chip. I swear I dont know why I do it. I'd better hit the garage and check up on it.

:alcoholic

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info