• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

3.90 gears?

Sep 17, 2005
Just wanted to see if anyone knows where i can get this at? i read a bunch about them on our own forums, but no links to buy them. I want more then the 3.73 gear, but i dont want to go to 4.10. I tried to find a ford racing products, but all i could find was for 4.10. also anyones feedback on how they like the 3.90 if anyone has them, thanks hope someone can help me out.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
svtslowcar said:
Just wanted to see if anyone knows where i can get this at? i read a bunch about them on our own forums, but no links to buy them. I want more then the 3.73 gear, but i dont want to go to 4.10. I tried to find a ford racing products, but all i could find was for 4.10. also anyones feedback on how they like the 3.90 if anyone has them, thanks hope someone can help me out.

I had a set of Motive 3.90's but I damaged them when I was left on the spray. I have sent them back to Summit and when they replace them shortly I will sell them to you at a discount, becuase I went with a different ratio. Summit should have them in stock if you dont want to wait. They are a great ratio, very fun on the street

Sep 17, 2005
firstsvt said:
I had a set of Motive 3.90's but I damaged them when I was left on the spray. I have sent them back to Summit and when they replace them shortly I will sell them to you at a discount, becuase I went with a different ratio. Summit should have them in stock if you dont want to wait. They are a great ratio, very fun on the street

thanks for the input. I looked on summit racing though, and they dont carry 3.90. they got the 3.73 then its up to 4.10 :( let me know if you get backa 3.90 gear or if somene else can give me a link to find one. thanks again.

Sep 17, 2005
dun4791 said:
What size rear tire are you going to run with those gears? You going to have enough at the top for a 1/4 run?
I suppose you might not be on the stock bottom, or a 1/4 mile guy either though.

ill be running the nitto 555/315 and a m/t et dr 275. i have both 17 x 10.5 and 17x 9 rims for the rear. As far as suspension goes, i have the parts already i just am waiting for my tax return so i can get them installed like the subframe bushing, differential mounts, FL MM Subframe connectors, and h & R race springs. My MM Strut tower brace & IRS brace my friend and i will do. after i get these done, next goal is to get the Stegy stage 4 for the SC, TB, & plenum run it with my 2.75 upper, and get a professional tune. car will be done after that. I am only running the 2.93 right now, till i get the suspension done and then the last upgrades that i stated. What do you think?

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
svtslowcar said:
ill be running the nitto 555/315 and a m/t et dr 275. i have both 17 x 10.5 and 17x 9 rims for the rear. As far as suspension goes, i have the parts already i just am waiting for my tax return so i can get them installed like the subframe bushing, differential mounts, FL MM Subframe connectors, and h & R race springs. My MM Strut tower brace & IRS brace my friend and i will do. after i get these done, next goal is to get the Stegy stage 4 for the SC, TB, & plenum run it with my 2.75 upper, and get a professional tune. car will be done after that. I am only running the 2.93 right now, till i get the suspension done and then the last upgrades that i stated. What do you think?
I think you're doing it the right way. You should do all the support mods first, just like you're doing. Most people do a tiny pulley, exhaust, port and all that shit, and they just wheel hop down the street like crazy.

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
firstsvt said:

I run the Motive Gear A/X 3.90 gear and have had no problems into the 8 sec zone.......

svtslowcar said:

I think your plan is good, however in my opinion a 3.73 would be better for the track. Im sure the 390s would be fun on the street though.

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
dun4791 said:
With a T-56 and going through the traps at 6800 in 4th gear, right.

No...Dynamic X6 C4 w/brake going through the traps @7300-7500rpm in 3rd ...Don't know too many T-56's in the 8's...but I think we both know that Lyle....I was speaking of the quality of the Motive gear that I have had real world experiance with since the guy(first svt) above said that he destroyed one.....

REN#4106 said:
No...Dynamic X6 C4 w/brake going through the traps @7300-7500rpm in 3rd ...Don't know too many T-56's in the 8's...but I think we both know that Lyle....I was speaking of the quality of the Motive gear that I have had real world experiance with since the guy(first svt) above said that he destroyed one.....

Its all good, You were thinking he wanted to know about the quality, I wanted to point out it might be too much gear for him on a stock bottom end 03 Cobra 6 speed running 17 inch DRs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info