• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Manuals Chiltons/Haynes

Svt Abuser

SVT FTP
Jul 26, 2006
yes, theres a haynes manual..but in my humble opinion, these manuals suck now...(i used to like Chiltons when they were hard bound, they seemed to have more info in them)...i am a believer in spending the 50-100 bucks on a set of factory manuals from the dealer, (if u plan to keep that car for a good long time) factory manuals show u how to take off every single solitary nut and bolt on your car....what did u need from the Haynes manual..ill see if i can find it, I may have gotten pissed at it and chucked it in a corner of my garage...but ill look for it.

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
Svt Abuser said:
yes, theres a haynes manual..but in my humble opinion, these manuals suck now...(i used to like Chiltons when they were hard bound, they seemed to have more info in them)...i am a believer in spending the 50-100 bucks on a set of factory manuals from the dealer, (if u plan to keep that car for a good long time) factory manuals show u how to take off every single solitary nut and bolt on your car....what did u need from the Haynes manual..ill see if i can find it, I may have gotten pissed at it and chucked it in a corner of my garage...but ill look for it.

I didn't really need anything..I enjoy tackling things myself, and was looking for something that covers the irs and 4V engines. I will be keeping the car for a while.
If I contact parts at a ford dealer, will they be able to help me get factory manuals?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Get CD. I got mine off ebay for 22.00.

Pm me and I will find the listing number so you can check it out. If you dont have a lap top to bring out to your garage it might not be the fastest way to fix things. A book might be better and cheaper cuz you will have to print the info out on your desktop ect...

You know, I might be able to make you a copy of mine and just give it to you :biggthump Dont know if there is incription codes to prevent me from making you a copy but let me know and I will try.

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
99 Stangbanger said:
Get CD. I got mine off ebay for 22.00.

Pm me and I will find the listing number so you can check it out. If you dont have a lap top to bring out to your garage it might not be the fastest way to fix things. A book might be better and cheaper cuz you will have to print the info out on your desktop ect...

You know, I might be able to make you a copy of mine and just give it to you :biggthump Dont know if there is incription codes to prevent me from making you a copy but let me know and I will try.

I will keep that in mind! Thanks!

MyCobra99

Oct 7, 2006
There is a site that has the Ford Manuals for free. You just need to download the ISO (CD image) and burn a CD. They started with the CD's in 1993 (as I remeber). The only one I have had trouble with is the 2000 one :crying:. Also the later ones, 2002 on are on DVD. I had no luck creating the DVD ones.

I am not at home now, but to night will provide the link to the site.

It is real nice to have the Ford manuals on line. I set up an old portable computer in the garage and can get all this info I need. :biggthump:

Good luck,

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
MyCobra99 said:
There is a site that has the Ford Manuals for free. You just need to download the ISO (CD image) and burn a CD. They started with the CD's in 1993 (as I remeber). The only one I have had trouble with is the 2000 one :crying:. Also the later ones, 2002 on are on DVD. I had no luck creating the DVD ones.

I am not at home now, but to night will provide the link to the site.

It is real nice to have the Ford manuals on line. I set up an old portable computer in the garage and can get all this info I need. :biggthump:

Good luck,

Excellent! Post it up tonight.

Welcome to the site! :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info