• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

96-98 cobra question..... kinda stupid

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
The question is, can the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds be swapped so they are facing forward (for turbo setup) or do the ports not line up? I tried this in my 03 cobra, it would have worked but it hit some accessories.

sorry for the stupid question.

if anyone has info on a turbo system that does this, let me know. Id like to see pics of where the stock logs come out to when facing forward.

reason is i have a hook up on a 96-98 motor and am planning way ahead for how I want to do this modular motor'd notch :alcoholic
1989Coupe011bw.jpg

YES I MS Painted those wheels on there... Im getting better, lol

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
Most the guys by a cheap set of the Ford racing shorties to do this. However the issue comes in on the driver side where the oil cooler is. It is in the way. most guys relocate the filter and get rid of the cooler. I have seen pictures of some deletes guys have made, but don't know of any companies mass producing them.

Go over to turbo mustangs. There is a whole thread about this question in their modular section. Most the guys are making their own forward facing headers. X2C and PTK make some pricey ones also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info