• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ringing and vibrations from the shifter

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
WhtSuperStang said:
i dont have that problem but i heard that cobra bob's shifter gaskets quiet that kinda stuff down...check out stangshiftergaskets.com

im still confused on to how that will make a difference. it is just a little gasket?

i am having the same kind of noise on my T5 at the same speeds as well. the noise increases as the rpm's increase.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
maniak said:
im still confused on to how that will make a difference. it is just a little gasket?

i am having the same kind of noise on my T5 at the same speeds as well. the noise increases as the rpm's increase.

im not sure how it works either but thats what the site claims and ive heard a lot of people using them and liking them! :dunno: its worth a shot there like 7 bucks lol

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I had weird high pitched vibrations coming from my shifter, the higher the RPM on the highway, the more it whined. It sounded like a jet plane.

I had defective halfshafts and wheelhubs, ford replaced both and the vibe and whine went away. Take it for what it's worth.... not saying that was the fix, maybe something wasn't torqued right in the rear and the vibration travelled to the shifter. This was when the car was stock except for a K&N filter back in 2003.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
04suprchrgd said:
Driving on the highway i noticed a ringing and vibration from the shifter at 60mph and over. anyone have this problem? It makes no difference if its in gear or not.

Thanks Martin
If you run and aftermarket shifter this is normal, Yes the $5 shifter bob gaskets do work they will eliminate 80% of the noise. Your factory shifter has rubber bushings in it that absorbs the noise the aftermarket does not so this rubber shifter gasket will help a great deal. Hope this helps.

04suprchrgd

Regular
Dec 28, 2006
FuelSlut said:
If you run and aftermarket shifter this is normal, Yes the $5 shifter bob gaskets do work they will eliminate 80% of the noise. Your factory shifter has rubber bushings in it that absorbs the noise the aftermarket does not so this rubber shifter gasket will help a great deal. Hope this helps.

thanks for the help will order 1 up asap.
martin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info