• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone use 4.10 gears or bigger?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So, since I am in the mid 400's with HP and TQ they would be a nice compliment if I decided not to push the cobra to the 550+ hp bracket? Thats what I was thinking about. Instead of just turning up the boost on the heaton, maybe I can do some cooling mods, gears and cams or something to get better use out of the blower. More effecient boost ya know. Sound good or stupid?

kubusio

Regular
Apr 28, 2005
I have 4.30s in my Gt. with just a tune and I cant find traction untill 3rd gear.

I cant imagine a cobra with 410s. Im going to install 373s in my in the next two months.

I think you shouldnt go higher than 3.73. Unless you are doing a slick.

4.30s anyone?? Going on sale soon.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Jiggy_One said:
So, since I am in the mid 400's with HP and TQ they would be a nice compliment if I decided not to push the cobra to the 550+ hp bracket? Thats what I was thinking about. Instead of just turning up the boost on the heaton, maybe I can do some cooling mods, gears and cams or something to get better use out of the blower. More effecient boost ya know. Sound good or stupid?
Ultimately, it depends on what you want out of your car and what you'll primarily use it for.

IMO:
Cams - VERY Bad idea :nono:

Cooling Mods - Good idea :headbang:

4.10's - Probably a good idea, but keep in mind 6500 rpms = 121 mph in 4th gear on a stock height tire. :dunno:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Jiggy_One said:
Want better use out of the Heaton? Forget the Gears and Cams.....save your money and spray it

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I've had 4.10s for a couple years. 1 year with just over 400 rwhp, another with 500. With 400 hp, the 4.10s rock. Great off the line. Instant quick power at any time. Now with 500 hp, it's easy to overpower the traction. True traction isn't available until 2nd or even 3rd gear. However, the 4.10s are big fun if you are in 3rd or 4th. I'm going to work on traction this year. Lowering/shocks/tires/etc.

The questions to think about are what will your uses be [1/4 mile/street launching or higher gear street driving] and how many traction mods do you have.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Flyn high again said:
I've had 4.10s for a couple years. 1 year with just over 400 rwhp, another with 500. With 400 hp, the 4.10s rock. Great off the line. Instant quick power at any time. Now with 500 hp, it's easy to overpower the traction. True traction isn't available until 2nd or even 3rd gear. However, the 4.10s are big fun if you are in 3rd or 4th. I'm going to work on traction this year. Lowering/shocks/tires/etc.

The questions to think about are what will your uses be [1/4 mile/street launching or higher gear street driving] and how many traction mods do you have.

All are very good descriptions. If you are not set-up for road course or 1/4 mile, the 4.10's would be fun as shit on the street regardless of hp, as long as you have DR or SL in the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info