• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch Replacement: Replace TOB Sleeve or Not?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Not the bearing (I'm definitely doing that), but the sleeve that is pressed into the bellhousing:

Attachments

• LP-T56TOBSLEEVE_MED.jpg
    LP-T56TOBSLEEVE_MED.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 113

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I replaced mine when I did my clutch. Mine wasn't broken or making noise, just peice of mind.. I replaced it with a Mcloed, FYI you can get them thur summit for under $100 shipped. The TOB tube is easy to replace just hit the old one out with a hammer and use the old tube to hit the new tube with a hammer. I also upgraded to a 26 spline input shaft.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I picked one up just for insurance, I'll see what the old one looks like. Thanks everyone.

I did talk to Tony at Sutton's parts dept to see if they stocked them (in case I needed one quick on Saturday), but apparently Ford only sells them with new bellhousings - $250.

Summit had them for $83 plus $11 shipping, 2 day delivery. Even McLeod told me to call Summit.

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
Since I have a lift in my driveway I get "asked" to help work on lots of cars.

I've helped put in lots of clutches but on the Cobras EVERY stock Ford TOB sleeve has been galled or worse. Two were actually broken off. If it is the original one go ahead and replace it. If you are careful and have access to a press you should not have any problems. Don't forget to have fresh trans fluid to refill the tranny with after assembly.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info