• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

weird whine

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
ok, well my car is almost at 50k miles and in the past 3 days ive had this very weird noise come from my car. it almost sounds like its coming from the speakers cause of the tone but the noise gets louder and different tone depending on rpms but it makes the noise in neutral at a complete stop for more than 3-4 minutes so its not the rear gear which i thought at first. i have tried turning off the radio and its not that. it randomly goes on for about 5 min then stops by itself. dont matter how much i rev or what rpm i stay in, it just goes on and off by itself.

has only happened about 5-6 times but its annoying as hell and i want to figure it out without taking it in anywhere. it really sounds like its coming from the middle to rear of the car but that makes no sense to me cause nothing is engaged when in neutral when sitting for 3+ minutes. any ideas are open cause its kinda embarassing if someone is in the car with me when it happens

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
hazmat404 said:
ok, well my car is almost at 50k miles and in the past 3 days ive had this very weird noise come from my car. it almost sounds like its coming from the speakers cause of the tone but the noise gets louder and different tone depending on rpms but it makes the noise in neutral at a complete stop for more than 3-4 minutes so its not the rear gear which i thought at first. i have tried turning off the radio and its not that. it randomly goes on for about 5 min then stops by itself. dont matter how much i rev or what rpm i stay in, it just goes on and off by itself.

has only happened about 5-6 times but its annoying as hell and i want to figure it out without taking it in anywhere. it really sounds like its coming from the middle to rear of the car but that makes no sense to me cause nothing is engaged when in neutral when sitting for 3+ minutes. any ideas are open cause its kinda embarassing if someone is in the car with me when it happens
is your cell phone near the radio? at times i have had my nextel couse feedback through the radio. and the noise increases and decreases with the rpms just a guess

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list