• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help me decide which roll bar to go with

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I'm going to be going with a roll bar set up this winter from Autopower Industries. I can't decide between the street-sport roll bar, or the Mustang drag race roll bar. Below is a link to their site, at the bottom of the page is the street-sport and another link to the Mustang drag race roll bar.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll_Bars.htm

I'm pretty sure Vince has the street-sport setup and it looks really nice. I was thinking of going with the extra 2 point mounting points for increased rigidity and safety. But from the picture I can't tell if it will still be easy to get in and out of the car. And I still want the back seat to be accessible. Anyone have any experience with either setup?

BTW this is for an '03 vert.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Couple of questions. What is the roll bar for? Do you need it to be NHRA legal, or just for strength for road racing? The sport package would not be NHRA legal. Also when you say you want the back seat accessible, to just get to stuff or actually have people seating? If you put the roll bar in you want people seating back there. If you were wreck they'd crack their skull on the bar. For a street car I'd get swingouts put in. Its a pain in the ass climbing over the bar getting in and out if you are doing it a lot.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I'm getting this for two reasons: to be allowed into all of the road racing events I want to enter and for some extra rigidity. I've never had anyone in my backseat before but just in case I have to for some reason. And I plan on having the roll bar padded all the way across for safety reasons. I know its still not the safest thing in the world but I'd rather have padding on the bar than nothing at all if I ever have to have somebody in my back seat.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Either one would work, I believe a 4 point is all you need for road racing. Depending how fast you are and wether you eer drag race it may be worth getting the 6 point. For someone to get in the backseat you'll have to pull the front seat foward and then they can crawl under. Not easy and will have very little room.

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
I have the street-sport set up and love it. I had the roll bar done in chrome for the extra shine. The bar that goes across can be un-bolted in just a couple of minutes if you wanted someone to sit in back.
If you want more pics let me know. You will have to alter the frame of the back seat a little, If you know how to weld it is pretty easy. if you need help or want to look at my car person let me know.

Attachments

• DSC00875s.jpg
    DSC00875s.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 13

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Mustang Matt said:
I have the street-sport set up and love it. I had the roll bar done in chrome for the extra shine. The bar that goes across can be un-bolted in just a couple of minutes if you wanted someone to sit in back.
If you want more pics let me know. You will have to alter the frame of the back seat a little, If you know how to weld it is pretty easy. if you need help or want to look at my car person let me know.

nice!!! more pics please :headbang:

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
Mustang Matt said:
Here ya go! If you need more pic let me know!

Very nice! I've seen your car on SVTP before. I'm just wondering how high the front bars are for the 6 point setup. Do they sit high making it difficult to get in and out of the car? Or are they low enough to stay even with the top of the seat cushion? I'll probably have to call Autopower Industries to get that answer.

Also, I've gotten a pretty good look at the Saleen tonneau cover and it makes a vert look like a whole new badass ride. I wonder what the cover is made of......and if I can cut it to fit the Autopower roll bar setup???? Now that would be one wicked combination!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info