• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need more power!!!!! - need input

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Turbos or bigger Kenne Bell???

I am throwing the idea around of selling one snake and building the other one up even more. Thinking about de-modding the silver one and throwing a larger twin screw or turbo kit on the red one. Since it already has a mild built motor she could hold some serious boost with the following mods already on it, right?

CP Mod Max Forged pistons 17cc dish roughly 8.0 to 1 compression (stock 11-13cc dish)
Bored .20 over
ARP head studs
ARP rod bolts
H bearings
Stock rods, crank, and heads

What do you recomend 2.6 or 2.8 Kenne Bell or Turbo kit (if so which one and cost)?

Thanks in advance, just thinking outloud at this point. Not sure if it is worth it to switch to GT500 or other car and build them. :dunno:

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
hj16 said:
Turbos....hands down

Picking a kit just comes down to what you want in your turbo system... SS, low end, high end, Battery placement, suspension, etc

Don't want hack up the car and I would be using it for drags and highways blasts. I would be going with a tube K member, coilovers, and better suspension setup. Not sure if I would stick with DSS level 5's and built IRS or go soild.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Id say either the HPP kit, Hellion or a Custom Single

Personally of the three my last choice would be Hellion....first HPP

Id stick with the IRS... the guys at Houston Performance have already shown that a full weight IRS stick car has no problems at the track

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
hj16 said:
Id say either the HPP kit, Hellion or a Custom Single

Personally of the three my last choice would be Hellion....first HPP

Id stick with the IRS... the guys at Houston Performance have already shown that a full weight IRS stick car has no problems at the track

Cool - yeah leaning towards IRS so it is still fun on the street and I already have Level 5's, IRS brace, bushings, and all that stuff.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
10th03cobra said:
Don't want hack up the car and I would be using it for drags and highways blasts. I would be going with a tube K member, coilovers, and better suspension setup. Not sure if I would stick with DSS level 5's and built IRS or go soild.

Turbo for sure as long as you can afford it. Oh wait, we are talking to Mr. Money Bags here,....of course you can afford it. :laughing2

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
TURBO!!

10th03cobra said:
Turbos or bigger Kenne Bell???

I am throwing the idea around of selling one snake and building the other one up even more. Thinking about de-modding the silver one and throwing a larger twin screw or turbo kit on the red one. Since it already has a mild built motor she could hold some serious boost with the following mods already on it, right?

CP Mod Max Forged pistons 17cc dish roughly 8.0 to 1 compression (stock 11-13cc dish)
Bored .20 over
ARP head studs
ARP rod bolts
H bearings
Stock rods, crank, and heads

What do you recomend 2.6 or 2.8 Kenne Bell or Turbo kit (if so which one and cost)?

Thanks in advance, just thinking outloud at this point. Not sure if it is worth it to switch to GT500 or other car and build them. :dunno:

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
GT500
023.gif

My .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info