• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

IRS upgrades?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
BlaqSnake said:
What are the recommended upgrades to the '03-'04 IRS?

I have a convertible.

My car wheel hops frequently, and I would like to reduce or elimanate it.

I also would like to avoid breaking anything in the rear end when on the Drag Strip.
(I will not be getting nuts with this one)

Are changing to the coupe springs worth it?
Two words....Solid Axle. :eek:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
BlaqSnake said:
Are we talking like 20 minutes or 4 hours? :D
Probably about an hour...

Other than that, I am not sure what else will help the hop. Seek out POSTBAN on SVTP, and read about the red pill.

I know I tried:
Subframe Connectors - no effect on the hop
Lowering Springs - no effect on hop
Custom IRS Brackets - no effect on hop
Nitto drag radials - pretty much cured hop, unless it was below 60 degrees.

Never had hop with the MT drag radials at the track, until I put in the DFX (AKA, Half Shaft Killa.) 2 passes on the DFX and BOOM.

I was gonna do all the bushings next, but ran into an opportunity to trade IRS for a built solid. :D

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Mustangmike 2003 has a great deal on some new IRS and Diff bushings and the tool to do the work. I was gonna pick them up just in case I end up keeping one of my cars for a bit. If you want them, they are yours since I don't need them.

There are pics and details in the market section...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
They first thing everyone says about IRS is get a BF brace. I put down over 600 rwhp with not brace :eek: I guess i got lucky, I finally got one a couple months back. But anyways I would do a brace, nittos, and a KB. When you start putting down more power their isn't a issue of 'hop' just traction... :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info