• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

When is your warranty up on your terminator?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Im pretty sure, the people with 03's mostly are out of warranty depending when the car was purchased new. My 04's warranty is up in march of 2007. It will be up before I get it out for the new season. I thought about getting an extended warranty, but when the factory one is up, I planned on modding it for real and what would be the point of getting the extended if I would have to argue with Ford if something breaks. What about you?

Brian

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You know, that false security that the dealer sells you on (no offense Slash). I bought my terminator used and it had a few mechanical issues. When I was buying it the dealer said dont worry about those issues because the car was still under the bumper to bumper and Ford would fix it. Needless to say, it took 4 months to find a dealer that would even work on it and it also took three visits to said dealer to finally get it sorted. Not because it was a hard issue to find, but because they were LAZY, and didnt want to take the time to make the customer happy. Finally the dealer that ended up helping me, took my word on the trans issues I was having( OH MY GOD ) and happen to find a bunch of shit wrong in there. I called the previous three or so dealers that told me my car was supposed to do what I said it was doing and thought was wrong, and none of them would call me back. I put in a call to Ford and reported their asses.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Mine is also up in March.

I have also thought, What's the point of getting an extended warranty if I plan on modding the piss out of the car? Well I have made it through with getting the pumpkin cover replace with..

BFG DR's
IRS Brace
Pulley
Sub Fames
O/R exhaust minus headers

Who knows. I might not go any further in mods. It's still a nice thing to have. Espcially for resale.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I have a 100,000 miler.......This is how far it got me..

Picture003.jpg

Heavily modded cobras and the "warranty" goes right out the window.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Jiggy_One said:
You know, that false security that the dealer sells you on (no offense Slash). .

none taken...haha i seem to have a reputation here!

as far as the warranty goes, mine was out 10 minutes after i took delivery! (im the original owner) i never had a warranty on it and could care less, you could almost buy a kb and most of the supporting mods for what an extended warranty costs! whats the worse case scenario...the engine goes!!! damn...hello vt!

fuckit i bought it to mod not to baby...

JMO!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Please share the wealth my good man. Some of us here have real ligitimate issues with our cars, and need a decent/fair dealer that will diagnose the real issues, not make excuses and blame mods. I know that if anyone needs work on their modded car, they should call Bob Buss at Buss Ford in McHenry. He is a standup guy that really LISTENS to you and your issues. But be honest with him about your mods and he will take care of you. I know, as do a few of my buddies.

Buss Ford ROCKS> :biggthump

cliffs03

May 16, 2006
Jiggy_One said:
Please share the wealth my good man. Some of us here have real ligitimate issues with our cars, and need a decent/fair dealer that will diagnose the real issues, not make excuses and blame mods. I know that if anyone needs work on their modded car, they should call Bob Buss at Buss Ford in McHenry. He is a standup guy that really LISTENS to you and your issues. But be honest with him about your mods and he will take care of you. I know, as do a few of my buddies.

Buss Ford ROCKS> :biggthump
You have a pm :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info