• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I think I finally found an exhaust kit...?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So I think I decided on the bassani BX4603C5S catback. It has the bigger 4" tips I really wanted, it should sound good with the offroad H from what I have heard on the web and its fair priced. I know its partially aluminized, but my car NEVER sees anything but sunshine and the only water those pipes will be exposed to will be from washing it. It seem like a perfect fit, besides I have a few more toys to buy and spending $750 on the stainless kit or a borla kit is out for now. I still need an IRS brace, strut tower brace, subframe connectors and DR's. And I wanted to get the blower ported and add a lower pulley but then I need to add to the fuel system and get retuned. So atleast for now I will be ditching the 30K mile old stock mid pipe with most likely clogged cats, and adding the offroad H and a shinny new bassani catback. Good or bad in your opinions?

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-BX-Cat-back-2003-04-Cobra-BX4603C5S?sc=2&category=87

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
bassani stuff is the sec. best fitting for our cars (stainless works being #1). they are high price, and I really dont like the sound of it. I've been through tons of exhaust, My lastest exhaust will be a full MAC system 1 5/8 LT headers, offroad H and 3" catback.

On a side note, your cats wont be clogged at 30k, or at 130k for that matter. And if they were, you'd no it...just thought Id throw that in their, but any who cats are gay so....

Any question pm me

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
but any who cats are gay so....

Yes they are. I took them out of the GTO and I've picked up about 3mpg :headbang:

Rotzs99 said:
haha the bassani was a bitch to put on, but i love the sound. As for the cats, i dont think i could take the car being any louder. It is a vert, but maybe i could just shove the baffles in there if i needed to hush it.

Why, It's a mustang. It's supposed to be loud. The louder the better they sound. It's just a waste of money then.

03CobraRed

Mind Over Matter
Mar 17, 2004
I have heard the Bassani Cat back with an h-pipe and to me it sounds much better with an X. If you already have the H pipe I would go with a mac cat back, cheap and in my opinion it sounds the absolute best. Everybody gripes about how it fits but I had NO problem with mine fitting right up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info