• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Help with a Crank...

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
LOL... Insert joke here...

What type of bolt is used on a 03 Cobra main cap? I am trying to pull a crank out of the block and got the bolts on the side of the motor out. Not sure on how to get the main cap off since the bolts are recessed into the cap by about 2-3 inches. Anybody know what type of screw/bolt it is and how ti get it out?

See attachment: Part number 6345 (FR4A) is the bolt in question.

BTW - shut up Slash :p

Attachments

• cobra motor (Custom).JPG
    cobra motor (Custom).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 2

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cyac5l8trfcar said:
to get the main caps off grab them with a pair of pliers and wiggle them. Use a rubber mallet to gently tap on them. DO NOT PRY!!!!!!!!!!!

btw: not intrested in the block, '03-'04 blocks don't have knock sensor bosses.

I got that but there is a recessed bolt on the bottom of the main cap that I have not taken out yet. I am not sure what bolt/screw head it is since it is so deep into the cap.

Any idea what it is?

Bullitt-1469-

Regular
Jun 11, 2005
The main bolts are 13mm i think, there are pinch bolts on the caps that pinch to the sides of the block. Before you can unbolt the caps the side bolts(10mm) must be taken out and a big allen wrench fits in. Once you have the allen wrench in the side bolts turn them all the way in, that will take the pressure off of the caps. Then unbolt the mains and tap them with a dead blow hammer to unseat them, they should slide right out then.

It is a very simple process that should take 15min, im not sure what you are talking about being recessed? There are double sided bolts that hold the windage tray on is that what ur talking about? You can call me when your doing it and ill walk you through it, OH and there should be NO PRYING at all, if you have to you forgot to do something.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Bullitt-1469- said:
The main bolts are 13mm i think, there are pinch bolts on the caps that pinch to the sides of the block. Before you can unbolt the caps the side bolts(10mm) must be taken out and a big allen wrench fits in. Once you have the allen wrench in the side bolts turn them all the way in, that will take the pressure off of the caps. Then unbolt the mains and tap them with a dead blow hammer to unseat them, they should slide right out then.

It is a very simple process that should take 15min, im not sure what you are talking about being recessed? There are double sided bolts that hold the windage tray on is that what ur talking about? You can call me when your doing it and ill walk you through it, OH and there should be NO PRYING at all, if you have to you forgot to do something.

Thanks, I guess I will throw in a second cookie for the help :biggthump

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
FUGG!!! i didnt see this till just now!!!

jeff
"it cant be that hard, i think its just these bolts, here...here...here and here"

mike
"hahahahaha yea right thats what that 10# sledge hammer is there for"

btw...i told you!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info