• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How does an o/r H and magnaflows sound?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
cdh027 said:
That combo sounds absolutely horrible. It sounded loud as hell and like a harley motorcycle in the lower RPM's. I switched out the off road H for an MRT catted H and it is 10x better.

100% Agree. Had that same setup, and I hated it. Had some cats welded in and it was all better, all though a little quiet.

I have since changed to a Bassani catback and it sounds awesome. :D

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Too bad its winter, otherwise i'd stop by and check it out. At the car shows, his car is already there, and still there by the time I leave. I never heard it run. I already bought the H pipe(not installed), and im about to pull the trigger on the magnaflow kit too. $425 shipped to my door from ninosport in TX.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Jiggy_One said:
Too bad its winter, otherwise i'd stop by and check it out. At the car shows, his car is already there, and still there by the time I leave. I never heard it run. I already bought the H pipe(not installed), and im about to pull the trigger on the magnaflow kit too. $425 shipped to my door from ninosport in TX.

You really can't go wrong with the maggies! just that C/B alone on the car it's alittle quite to me at first, but when you step in it, it really wakes up and sounds deep and mean. As for the O/R/H you may or may not like it depending on what you're after. You really can't take advice on choosing exhaust, everyone's ear is different some listen as others hear...bottom line its your car and you have to like the way it sounds.

Im deciding on weather or not to get a midpipe. I have borla stingers ad I really like it with the stock h pipe, but thinking of going with the Mac Pro H pipe catted or the Bassani X pipe catted. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Jiggy_One said:
I have checked all over the boards and other boards for magnaflow and offroad H sound clips on the terminator and cant find anything. Anyone have this combo? Im looking for more of a deep sound, not high and raspy. Lets hear um.

Brian
I run the magnaflow cb, and mac pro chamber. Its very quet down low, but very loud up top. No back fire thanks to the magnaflows. Droning on the highway is still there but not as bad. Its too loud for me so I will b switching to a bassani catted in the spring. Plus it stinks of fumes in the summer w the windows down.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I have an offroad H pipe, not a prochamber. Thanks guys for the offers, but a prochamber will quiet it down alot. On my 04 GT I had before the cobra I had SLP LM1's with an offroad X and it was way too loud for the street. I dropped the X and got a prochamber and it was way quieter....well as quiet as SLP's can be with an offroad midpipe. I later swapped out the LM1 resonators and went with the LM2's which were not just hollow metal tubes, they actually had packing in them like magnapacks. Anyway, I'll bet the magnaflow kit will sound different with the offroad H than the prochamber. Still looking for sounds......
:alcoholic

What other catbacks( aluminized or stainless) sound deep and semi loud with an offroad H? I'm up for like flowmaster....MAc, borla??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info