• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Would you trade your terminator for a 2000 Cobra R?

Trade your termi for a 2000 cobra R?

• Fock yes!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
FUCK YES! And if you were concerned about now wanting it anymore...even though it is EVERY guys/girls fantasy to have one, you could turn around and sell if for 10-12K more than what you payed for the Termi...so you could buy another one + mod it!

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
Thats my dream mustang, and i dint figure that out till i past up a mint one with 98 miles on it about a month b4 i bought my 03---kinda kickin myself in the ass for that one----so do, but if u dont mind me asking, whos got one for sale, and where?

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
maniak said:
if i had a cobra i would deffinatley trade for an R/ i am more into cars that handle well and go fast in a strait line.

and there is no replacement for displacement!!! NA power is the shit!!!

Youre a liar. You passed up a 95 Cobra R cuz it was too nice for you.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
i would pick a terminator for a couple reasons

a) most people wouldnt want to drive a 00 r (put to many miles on it ) cuz of how rare it is and they would keep resale in mind rather than enjoying it

b) i think the terminators look better...the 00r wing doesnt do it for me

c) maintenace on a 00r or just replacement parts would be exponentially higher than the regular cobra prices already are.

:dunno:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Trade my 03 Cobra for a 2000 R? What are you nuts? I'll kick that over priced POS's ass any day of the week. Bone Stock! Much less a CAI and Cat back.

Don't get me wrong now, I know it's a Fine ASS Mustang, and at the time all Mustang lovers were hot to get one, but the 03-04 "TERMINATOR" is way better, period. In my opinion it was wwwwaaaayyyyy over priced, and for that money it was a rip off.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Jiggy_One said:
Yes or no>? I think if I had the opportunity to trade my termi for a cobra R with the same miles and like condition, I'd probably pass on it. Well, maybe not...I dont know. What would you do and why>?

Brian
If anything I would get it to go w my 04 cobra. The car is going 2 be worth big money 15-20yrs down da line, considering they only built 280 of them. Its definetly not a car built for comfort no a/c no heat, radio + 2000 cobra R=slower than my 04.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
WhtSuperStang said:
i would pick a terminator for a couple reasons

a) most people wouldnt want to drive a 00 r (put to many miles on it ) cuz of how rare it is and they would keep resale in mind rather than enjoying it

b) i think the terminators look better...the 00r wing doesnt do it for me

c) maintenace on a 00r or just replacement parts would be exponentially higher than the regular cobra prices already are.

:dunno:

+1 to you.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Since 1964 said:
Trade my 03 Cobra for a 2000 R? What are you nuts? I'll kick that over priced POS's ass any day of the week. Bone Stock! Much less a CAI and Cat back.

Don't get me wrong now, I know it's a Fine ASS Mustang, and at the time all Mustang lovers were hot to get one, but the 03-04 "TERMINATOR" is way better, period. In my opinion it was wwwwaaaayyyyy over priced, and for that money it was a rip off.

Yea dennis. It would be a N/A vs FI fight.

Didn't the R's have like 380ish horse?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
MGT2002 said:
anytime :biggthump

personally, i think if you put the cobra r up to the terminator, the R will win. given both drivers have the same ability. The R has just as much power at a lower RPM and its lighter. its also N/A power so you dont have to wait for boost to build up.

The terminators are not prone to boost build up. Thats the advantage to our blowers. You have that boost build thing with the centri blowers, not the positive displacment blowers like the eaton, KB and whipple. Its instant boost when you mash the gas....no lines, no waiting.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Jiggy_One said:
The terminators are not prone to boost build up. Thats the advantage to our blowers. You have that boost build thing with the centri blowers, not the positive displacment blowers like the eaton, KB and whipple. Its instant boost when you mash the gas....no lines, no waiting.

yea but just mashing the gas wont get you exactly full boost of the line. its just the boost curve is not linear like a centri; you're right, once its at full boost it stays there, flat boost curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info