• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

any difference between 03 and 04 cobra?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
sschassis said:
also the rear o2s location on 04s are further back than the 03s

True, because they changed the cats a bit for 04.... due to the new cats, the rated gas mileage is actually better for 04, so they did not get hit with the gas guzzler tax... instead Ford just bumped the MSRP up 1000 to keep it the same as the 03s which had a 1k GG tax.

There were a couple new colors for 04 as well... Mystichrome, Screaming Yellow, Competition Orange....

The 04 also had different color seat inserts available, parchment and black.

All 04s, and the later model 03s have the "revised" head... but that doesn't mean they can't get the tick.

I think the 04s also got a tune update to address the stall issue from the 03s.

Thats all I can think of.

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005
Wiked03 said:
True, because they changed the cats a bit for 04.... due to the new cats, the rated gas mileage is actually better for 04, so they did not get hit with the gas guzzler tax... instead Ford just bumped the MSRP up 1000 to keep it the same as the 03s which had a 1k GG tax.

There were a couple new colors for 04 as well... Mystichrome, Screaming Yellow, Competition Orange....

The 04 also had different color seat inserts available, parchment and black.

All 04s, and the later model 03s have the "revised" head... but that doesn't mean they can't get the tick.

I think the 04s also got a tune update to address the stall issue from the 03s.

Thats all I can think of.
ya I forgot about the colors & to the seat inserts available, parchment and black .......

Also the 03 I didn't pay a 1k GG tax for gas guzzler I don't remember Payne that

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
cdh027 said:
The revised head didnt come out until January of 2005. None of the factory built 03/04's had the new head.

Hmmm I know they did something to the drivers side head starting with the second run 03 cars (Built in Nov 02.) They painted the new heads blue in order to tell the difference from the first run cars.

Sounds like they made more than one revision? :dunno:

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
The heads came in the following order:

Early 03's (pre 11/2002)

Later 03 (post 11/2002) and 04

and finally...

Last revision was made in late 04 and early 05. This was done as replacements to the ticking head complaints dealers would receive.

Also, the 04's have a Satelite button on the radio.

Most important thing to remember is that the 03's are much quicker than the 04's.
LOL

Lets not forget the other interior differances, 03's have the netted map pocket between the sunvisors that 04's don't.
The rear portion of the 04 headliners around the door weather stripping are also a little bulkier as are the rear interior 1/4 glass plastics. 03's are slimmer and identical to all 94-03's
While I'm at it.....the little interior rear Hanger Hooks on the 03's are the Clasic units Fords used since the 1979 Ghia mustang. The 04's are thicker and have the clip to cover up the mounting screw hole which ONLY mount to the 04 rear interior panels.
Just a little something I ran across when doing a complete Tan to Dark Charcoal interior swap on a 01 Stang!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info