• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

new brakes

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Kegger said:
Well Carl isn't exactly happy with his Green pads, and Todd and I aren't doing backflips over our Hawk pads either. So I don't know what that will leave you with for different options. :confused:

After some break in time, I am relatively happy with the EBC green stuff pads. They were a little noisy at first, but are quiet now. They are less dusty that the stockers and the Hawk pads so far as well. One negative is that they are a hideous green color and are begging to be painted.

Sep 17, 2005
Wiked03 said:
After some break in time, I am relatively happy with the EBC green stuff pads. They were a little noisy at first, but are quiet now. They are less dusty that the stockers and the Hawk pads so far as well. One negative is that they are a hideous green color and are begging to be painted.

yea i totally agree with them needing to be painted, thats just gross. thanks for the input, ive been reading about those brands, but always good to hear some personal opinions from my SVT friends.

Sep 17, 2005
nytebyte said:
I've had real bad luck with Hawk pads.

Noisy, dusty, and they don't seem to grab as well as the stock pads.

You might just want to spend the extra dough and get some Carbotech Bobcats.

I never heard of these before, just wondering if you could elaborate a ilittle more on them and if you happen to know around how much more they are. i've heard the same thing with the hawk pads from alot of people too :(

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
svtslowcar said:
I never heard of these before, just wondering if you could elaborate a ilittle more on them and if you happen to know around how much more they are. i've heard the same thing with the hawk pads from alot of people too :(

Carbotech brake pads are what a lot of road racers use and are considered one of the best, if not THE best brake pad you can get.

Carbotech Brake Pads

I recommend their Bobcat or Panther Plus pad, since they work in a wide range of temperatures. The Bobcat is a "street" pad, while the Panther is a "street / track" pad and more aggressive. They also make "track only" pads which are excellent, but you probably don't want to use those on the street.

Sep 17, 2005
nytebyte said:
Carbotech brake pads are what a lot of road racers use and are considered one of the best, if not THE best brake pad you can get.

Carbotech Brake Pads

I recommend their Bobcat or Panther Plus pad, since they work in a wide range of temperatures. The Bobcat is a "street" pad, while the Panther is a "street / track" pad and more aggressive. They also make "track only" pads which are excellent, but you probably don't want to use those on the street.

thanks man, im gonna really look into those, sounds like a good way to go, definetely not the track pad, but for street sounds good. thanks again :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info