• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

H/C/I recomendations

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
as some of you know i just bought a 94 cobra. i am lookin to start doin some mods. i want to do HCI but i am not sure what to go with. i was thinking 2 different possibilities.

1) AFR 185's, custom cam, and either ported stock cobra, or trick flow

2) Trick Flow top end kit click

i am not really sure which set up will give me the most power

i want to make around 300rwhp with this setup. i would like to get a tune but i don't really want to spend 500 bucks for one. i have pretty much all the bolt on's right now as far as mods. i still would like to get an adj. fuel pressure regulator and a higher flowing fuel pump. any suggestions on what to buy for that as well would be greatly aprecciated.

thanks in advance

zach

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
maniak said:
just got a new idea

forget the HCI and get an s-trim. it will cost a little more but will get me more power. all i have to do is get a good tune and run the boost conservatively.

now what should i do :dunno:

either way, you are going to be happy.. a blower requires less work to do and you will probably get a little extra HP.. as far as which set of heads to go with, look at real street... unported TFS heads on cars going 9.60s... one of my customers had unported BOX STOCK TFS heads with a novi2000 making 15psi, tko trans, and drove it everywhere.. it went 142mph in the 1/4..

If you decide on a blower, shoot me an email for a quote..

thanks and good luck
bob

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
either way, you are going to be happy.. a blower requires less work to do and you will probably get a little extra HP.. as far as which set of heads to go with, look at real street... unported TFS heads on cars going 9.60s... one of my customers had unported BOX STOCK TFS heads with a novi2000 making 15psi, tko trans, and drove it everywhere.. it went 142mph in the 1/4..

If you decide on a blower, shoot me an email for a quote..

thanks and good luck
bob

sweet! thanks for the info. i will definetly hit you up once i figure out wich way i want to go. i am starting to lean towards the blower but i still need some more opinions.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+304061+115+4294924760

Holley and Edelbrock have similar kits to the Twisted wedge kit. One of them, I think the Holley, has a slightly lower compression ratio on the heads. This is a good thing when you start adding boost.

There is also a special 45' throttle body elbow that trick flow and others make that you will need to adapt any common windsor intake to your 94 engine bay.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
zenriddles said:
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+304061+115+4294924760

Holley and Edelbrock have similar kits to the Twisted wedge kit. One of them, I think the Holley, has a slightly lower compression ratio on the heads. This is a good thing when you start adding boost.

There is also a special 45' throttle body elbow that trick flow and others make that you will need to adapt any common windsor intake to your 94 engine bay.

problem with the holley and edelbrock kits is they are setup for pedestal mount rockers.. not something you want if you plan on making serious HP in the future..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info