• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pulley problem

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
I took car out today to see that the battery light was on and car had no power. I got car home charged the battery and started it up with the battery light still on. I looked under the hood as the motor was running and none of the pullies were moving? I can turn the belt and all the pullies with no problem with the motor off! My guess is the crank pulley has broken or a bolt is missing. Any one have this problem? Is there suppose to be a bolt in the center of the lower pulley? Need Help

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Mustang Matt said:
I took car out today to see that the battery light was on and car had no power. I got car home charged the battery and started it up with the battery light still on. I looked under the hood as the motor was running and none of the pullies were moving? I can turn the belt and all the pullies with no problem with the motor off! My guess is the crank pulley has broken or a bolt is missing. Any one have this problem? Is there suppose to be a bolt in the center of the lower pulley? Need Help

ummmm... in the center of the lower pulley there should be a bolt. It sounds like you may have rounded off the tab on the snout of the crank. I sure hope not, take some pics.

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
The pulley that I'm talking about is the outter crank pulley for the supercharger. This pulley runs the super charger and the alternator. the center hex bolt that attaches to the the crank just spins.

A new motor ha ha ha... I won't be going through that again. I think it's a minor fix. I have to call Ford tomorrow to see if they will work on it..

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
The way you explan things are very hard to understand but from what your telling me, it soulds like you busted the outer pulley. I have a extra one laying around if you want it, it's yours. The center hex is a 14mm. Just remember they are reverse threads (lefty tighty, righty loosy :D ). Need any help with anything shot me a PM, Im always willing to lend another cobra owner a hand :headbang: Ive only seen this once or twice on Mfords.

Mustang Matt

Feb 4, 2006
RD SNAKE said:
The way you explan things are very hard to understand but from what your telling me, it soulds like you busted the outer pulley. I have a extra one laying around if you want it, it's yours. The center hex is a 14mm. Just remember they are reverse threads (lefty tighty, righty loosy :D ). Need any help with anything shot me a PM, Im always willing to lend another cobra owner a hand :headbang: Ive only seen this once or twice on Mfords.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks for the offer I may take you up on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mustang Matt
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list