• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Menthahol & Nitrous

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
Im running a methanol kit on my daily driver (www.alkycontrol.com). Its not straight meth.....more like washer fluid which is about 40% alky. The car has a M90 roots blower which gets hot as hell. W/out the alky I was only able to run 13* of WOT timing on the 3" pulley....with alky I could run 19* of WOT timing on the 3". Alky works, but only use as much as you need to quench the detonation. I used too much at first and hydrolocked my 1st motor sending an exhaust valve through the block but that's a story for another day.

Nitrous is a whole other animal. The kits instal the same as an alky kit but nitrous is for making mad power and torque. It does have a substantial cooling effect but that's not its main purpose..power is. Alky won't get you 1 more HP unless you turn up the timing...which is why most people run it. Alky is a cheap alternative to 105 octane race fuel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list